Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Spoiler wing corrosion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else in the Tesla community has seen this. After about a year the wing on the Model X started to corrode at the joint between the tail light and the metal. See the picture below. My MX is March.April 2017 build. The good news was that Telsa SC was fantastic and was about to secure a new spoiler quickly, paint and fit within a few weeks.

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 567
  • Informative
Reactions: Anzir
Not sure if anyone else in the Tesla community has seen this. After about a year the wing on the Model X started to corrode at the joint between the tail light and the metal. See the picture below. My MX is March.April 2017 build. The good news was that Telsa SC was fantastic and was about to secure a new spoiler quickly, paint and fit within a few weeks.

Sometimes I hate this forum. Now I have to walk outside and check my spoiler and repeatedly do so until I see corrosion, make an appointment with the SC, bring it in, get it fixed, and then come back and post about having the same problem. Worse yet, if I don't see corrosion, I'm going to be doing this until I get a new car. That's just absurd.

PS: Glad they took care of you, thanks for sharing.

• Funny
Reactions: CharlieLab
I had the same exact issue, but the sc here said it was from a wrap.. and refused to fix it. Bought my car used... and lucky me just wrapped it last week.

It’s pretty annoying but I guess only I see it. Still glad to have an active spoiler

May I ask when and where it was repaired by Tesla?
Could you share your VIN or something they could look you up by?
I'm now getting pushback about the spoiler.
Thanks in advance!