Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Switch to 6 seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla today about a 5/21 MX order which was a long range 7 seat and currently has a EDD of 7/22.

The sales rep said they are prioritizing 6 seat models and I could switch by paying the $3k upgrade and would not lose my spot in line and would get the vehicle "most likely sooner" and wouldn't give any further color.

He did say I can change any options I want on the car except for LR vs Plaid and not lose my place in line which I thought wasnt the case.

Anyone make the switch and get a better delivery date?

Thanks.

I believe that the rep is correct in regards to the no change in your place in line. They had me switch to a 6 seater, without my authorization however, to try and get me a car earlier and told me I would not lose my spot in line, which then was true in that my eta did not change. I’m not sure if you’re a pre price hike order, because they could not honor my old price with only a $3k extra charge and the whole total came out to be nearly 20k extra (including price of FSD also increased by 2k) after the change. After speaking w the regional managers and honoring my old price, they agreed again to put me back to a 7 seater with no loss of place in line.

I would mostly be careful w the price since no one pre price hike I know on the forums was able to call and And just pay the 3k difference to go to a 6 seat unless for the brief moment that Tesla Fremont offered this by calling very early buyers directly in nov/dec of last year.

Yes my order was pre price hike, the same vehicle as you said is almost 20k more expensive now so i really dont want to risk a repricing. Im waiting for an email from the rep confirming what he said about adding the options without a price change. Based on your comments I may not even risk it....

Also the rep said switching my order may put me in a july delivery window - which I already have at least for now.

Like many others, Im trying to figure out what to do for a vehicle as I wait (much longer than expected)

People were offered “guaranteed delivery before end of year” last year by switching to 6 seats. It did not go well for many people. In fact, many still have not received their cars today.

No one can tell you anything here if you will get delivery sooner. No one knows anything, including Tesla own staff.

Your other option is to order (not switch to) a Plaid 6 seaters now and it’s most likely going to be delivered quickly.

How did you talk to a person? I keep getting stuck in a phone menu loop; I choose "3" for "existing order", it says "you're being transferred to an associate, stay on the line for a 2-question survey, then right back to "what are you calling about?"

Interesting, I was hoping I could upgrade to a Plaid for an earlier delivery date than July. (Ordered LR MX on June 6, 2021.) So the only change I can make is from 7 seat to 6-seat, and that might trigger a repricing to current pricing?

Also couldn't find a CS phone number either, anywhere. Haven't tried chatting.

How did you talk to a person? I keep getting stuck in a phone menu loop; I choose "3" for "existing order", it says "you're being transferred to an associate, stay on the line for a 2-question survey, then right back to "what are you calling about?"

Interesting, I was hoping I could upgrade to a Plaid for an earlier delivery date than July. (Ordered LR MX on June 6, 2021.) So the only change I can make is from 7 seat to 6-seat, and that might trigger a repricing to current pricing?

Also couldn't find a CS phone number either, anywhere. Haven't tried chatting.
I went to my local Sales Advisor in my local Tesla store (I'm in DAllas area) who was able to look into these for me

I just called the customer service number and selected existing order. I’ve now talked to two people who think you can make changes to your order and not lose pricing or spot in line as long as you do not go from regular to plaid or vice versa. Although they both wanted to follow up and get back to me. I haven’t heard from either.

They also both told me historically any change would trigger a repricing. But a fairly recent change allows for repricing.

I just want my vehicle sooner than later. Seems the takeaway at this point is any seat config is similar. I have a 7 seat with July EDD they said I could switch to a 6 seat with a July EDD. So I may as well stick with what I want.

Reactions: Kitt9000