Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Tire Issues

How often do you check tire pressure

• Every Week

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Every Month

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Once a Year

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Every 50 Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every 50-100 Miles

• Every 100-150 Miles

• Every 150-200 Miles

• Every 200+ Miles

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often do you rotate the tires and check the pressure on your MX?

SC forgot to screw back the valve stem cap (the small cap that is screwed on the valve that's used to pump air into the tire).

Amazon reviews for 3rd party valve stem caps are bad; reviews mention caps getting fused to the valve stem leading to expensive repairs.

Where can I buy the OEM caps for continental MX tires to avoid this issue?

Reactions: Rossy
There's a setting on the main screen that let's you monitor tire pressure continuously.

Can't rotate staggered setup

Go to service center to get the most OEM you could get. They will probably give it to you for a couple bucks or even free. Mine are just from America's tire. Their just regular tire caps, nothing special. Not sure why Amazon's would melt.

Reactions: spectrum and Rossy
Hi Forkee,

I can tell you why the Amazon's melt... The melting ones are made of Aluminum...
They can be anodized a variety of nice colors to match or complement your car's color.
I got some years ago for my wife's Honda. Looked great, but I could barely get them off.
In Michigan, the road salt in winter does a great job of melting them.
It's really galvanic corrosion with the brass valve stems.
Once they were removed they went into the trash very quickly.

Now I use genuine plastic or stainless steel if I can find them in stainless.

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: forkee
There's a setting on the main screen that let's you monitor tire pressure continuously.

Can't rotate staggered setup

Go to service center to get the most OEM you could get. They will probably give it to you for a couple bucks or even free. Mine are just from America's tire. Their just regular tire caps, nothing special. Not sure why Amazon's would melt.

Planning to drop by the SC to ask.