Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Window locked annoyance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhere before 2021.24.4 Tesla changed the Window behavior on my X. Really frustrating.
While my X is unlocked, I would always be able to put Windows up or down from the driver and passenger Window door buttons.

The new behavior locks out ALL windows about 20 seconds after exiting the drivers seat. And the only way to (easily??) re-enable windows is to either a) press the brake pedal or b) quickly lock and unlock the car. Then you only get maybe 30 seconds before windows are disabled again.
Very frustrating.
With the Model X and its Falcon doors.... it was quite convenient to open a window and get what you want, instead of flying the doors open each time.

Anyone else confirm this behavior? MX 2017 MCU2

If Tesla is going to enable some sort of lock out feature... they need to give us a setting button for it. Not all areas are as theft prone as [pick you major Metro here].

-TechVP

Reactions: jennamarietx
I have a 2017 MX and the power windows always seem to be "off" whenever I want to open them; very annoying to have to open the driver door and push the brake. I'd like to find the source for the windows and rewire it to a permanently "on" 12v supply. Has anyone done this? Seems like I read something about this several years ago but now can't find it. Any advice very much appreciated!

Thanks for the info, looks like mine is on 2021.24.5. Haven't been doing updates for a while cause I'm not interested in improvements to gaming software or mixing music LOL. I'll try an update and see what happens.
Also, I'm interested in where the fuses are located; would have thought that would be in the owner manual but search just returns nothing. What I'm looking for is the fuse or circuit breaker for the 12-volt socket located at the left rear of the cargo area.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, looks like mine is on 2021.24.5. Haven't been doing updates for a while cause I'm not interested in improvements to gaming software or mixing music LOL. I'll try an update and see what happens.
Also, I'm interested in where the fuses are located; would have thought that would be in the owner manual but search just returns nothing. What I'm looking for is the fuse or circuit breaker for the 12-volt socket located at the left rear of the cargo area.
Hi!
Circuit Diagam MX 2016
fuse fox page 71-73

Attachments

• 2016_ModelX_LHD_SOP3.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 72