Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Windshield & Sun Rays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am noticing a peculiar thing with my windshield recently. It's kind of difficult to explain in words and I can't take a pic while driving, but has anyone noticed that when the sun is in your view/front, 1 or 2 rays form a pattern (like a long curved line of ray), which is a bit distracting?

I am not sure if this is normal because I haven't noticed this before, and it's only been happening ever since my MX has been back from the Tesla body shop, where it was parked in the open exposed to the elements for weeks. They had to repaint my car to repair the issues it came with from the Fremont factory; could some of the "mist", while painting it, somehow settled on the windshield creating this kind of pattern?

It came back with other issues from the body shop like no internet whatsoever and a reduced range (regular charging up to 80% used to give me at least ~135 miles, I don't go below 20%), but now I can barely get 95 miles. I know that it takes up a bit more charge in winter so I charged it to 90% last time and I still have a reduced range. While at the body shop, they charged it to 95% and it just sat there!

The film on the windshield sounds like a reasonable suggestion. The description of the issue with the sun sounds similar to lens flare. If it is similar to lens flare, it could be that the sun is at a different angle now and there are no other relevant factors. Regarding range, it sounds like OP did admit to colder ambient temperatures, which are likely very relevant. It doesn't sound like the battery was treated very extremely at all compared to what some people have experienced in repairs where they were concerned they would have reduced range and subsequently never came back saying they had any sort of significant reduction, so it seems unlikely that there is any battery problem from this repair work, either.