Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX with NO SOUND of any kind, not even blinker sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MX on 9/25 and have driven 900 miles on it already, no major issues to speak of and haven't seen a SC for anything yet, been all good. Yesterday morning I drove it, and didn't really notice it until I got on the highway 4 minutes later that it had no sound of ANY KIND. No blinker sound, no radio/iphone/streaming, no AP warning, TOTAL silence of every kind. All other system were functioning fine, I even turned off my Bluetooth on phone to see if that's causing anything but still no blinker or backup or parking proximity sound. AP was working fine still, drove it 10 miles into city to do my business and parked it. Came back to the car 30 minutes later, everything came back to it and blinkers and all things had sound again. So it appears to be that even the turning signal sound was coming from speaker, and when audio system is totally off/not working you'll have NOTHING.

Anyone else seen that before? I figure I was gonna have to do a two finger reboot if it didn't come back but it did. Still on 36.2 FW, haven't gotten my V9 update still.....

Did it happen right after you finished a phone call? It happened to me and a few others; there was a thread about it. After the phone call ended, all audio are gone. There is a very low volume clicking sound like statics in place of any audio. I got audio back after a MCU reset.

Yup. Something very similar has now happened with my MX. Slightly different lead-up to the event but probably the same issue.

Has happened twice in the last week. I'm on 2018.36.2 ac4a215 .

Was listening to FM station in one, streaming a podcast in the second. First symptom was the blinker not making any noise when I was turning. Second event very similar but the visual blinker indicator on the dash froze, with no sound. First event I had to reboot the MCU, the second, the MCU conveniently rebooted for me. :eek:

Reactions: P85_DA