Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX17 - FalconWing Door weather stripping deteriorating - Not covered by Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I was wondering which Service center in Orange county was able to replace yours under the warranty?

Buena Park is giving me all sorts of excuses to refuse to repair mine under warranty.

I got them to admit that it is a known problem but they want the VIN of the cars that have been repaired so they can use that as an validation to do my repair under warranty which sounds ridiculous! but If you don't mind Can you help me?
You're welcome to use my VIN. I had the same repair done under warranty by the Orlando, FL service center. They were great and didn't push back at all. But it did require them to replace the roof glass above both FWDs because the seals are physically attached to the glass. They were even able to do it via mobile service.

Arbitration is your only option. No known work around. Submit a service request just so you can document how much it will cost and get them on the record denying your request for warranty. In the service request specifically ask for warranty repair so they have to address it and deny it. Then off to arbitration. You're only 4yrs out, is the manufacturer's warranty 3 or 4yrs? Probably doesn't matter, the last few posts I've seen they have been denying all claims as not covered b/c they label it a "cosmetic" issue. But, make them say this on your service request as well.
Well, I'm still waiting for Tesla to add our MX to our account. They rejected the first request as the sales agreement is barely legible, even before I scan it. I submitted new paperwork and am waiting again. I can't schedule service w/o having the vehicle on our account, it seems.

I'm also still waiting on the used car dealer, STG, and just followed up again this morning. At least I have it in writing that they will fix the seals, or I would probably have done something with them already.

So, our MX has been sitting in the garage since Saturday night. That's a good thing consider the Heat Dome SoCal is currently under (no shade in the driveway). I've been prepping it for a ceramic coating for days, so at least it's not time lost.

I had the same problem and the dealer would not cover the cost because they now say it is cosmetic. I then filed a claim with the National Center for Dispute Settlement 866-629-3204. As soon as I filed a complaint, tesla called and said they would cover the repairs. Its just another hoop you have to jump threw to force Tesla to honor their Warranty but it works!
Thanks so much for this advice! Can’t wait to try. We’ve had this issue for 2 years now (also a ‘17 MX) with the same nonsense excuse, “cosmetic.” The extended warranty was such a sham.