Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX60D - Deposit Return / Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put down a deposit for Model X 60D -
Order Confirmed Sept 20
VIN 3568 Assigned Sept 30
Scheduled for Late Nov Delivery (No specific date yet)

Unfortunately, I have chosen not to go ahead with the car and perhaps will look into re-ordering sometime down the road. Is it possible to get my deposit back? And or is it possible for someone to assume \ transfer the order?

Apparently you can no longer order the 60D, the Solid White Option, and the Tow Hitch, so if someone is interested before I try to cancel or would know the best way for me to get my deposit in let me know.

upload_2016-10-26_20-58-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-26_20-57-53.png
    upload_2016-10-26_20-57-53.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 73
  • upload_2016-10-26_20-58-22.png
    upload_2016-10-26_20-58-22.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 50
I don't understand . . . if the 75 is the same - why wouldn't the car be delivered. You hate it? You upgrade, and no big deal. We've had our $5k deposit resting at Tesla for over 19 months now, wanting to see what would come of different upgrades/orders/colors/features etc. We too, entertained the smaller pack, and wondered if it would come into being - what with the quick cancelation of the S with the 40kWh pack. Enter modern days and we find our self at a cross road. What with fwd's - ghosting - body parts alignment etc, we've held off (sigh) to see how things come about. This is one more thing that keeps us in wait mode. We'd love to pull the trigger, and we ultimately will ... but sheesh.
Right now - we wonder about whether a 'simple' 100D will be available & think it eventually will. After all, do we really need to get to 60mph in 2.9 seconds? The Tesla reminds us of our lake front home. Few buyers have south OC waterfront properties (with boat dock & boat) as their 1st home purchase. It took us to get into our 40's. Similarly the model X (or s) aren't 1st time care buyers in most instances. We're in our late 50's early 60's and would just as well poke our way up to freeway speeds. Just sayin' ....
That said - we get it - if the offering just isn't popular enough to even offer it as a software limited option.

Last edited:
For anyone interested or just wanted to know, I had several inquiries about taking over the transfer. We tried today to do the transfer with the potential customers who were willing to pull the trigger to take the car, but unfortunately Tesla has a strict policy and isn't willing to do the transfer or refund the deposit.

It is what it is and it's what I signed so I don't have any issues there about losing the deposit, but you would think Tesla would be willing to assist especially since someone was willing to take the car over.

Well at least I tried to get someone else into the MX.

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
For anyone interested or just wanted to know, I had several inquiries about taking over the transfer. We tried today to do the transfer with the potential customers who were willing to pull the trigger to take the car, but unfortunately Tesla has a strict policy and isn't willing to do the transfer or refund the deposit.

It is what it is and it's what I signed so I don't have any issues there about losing the deposit, but you would think Tesla would be willing to assist especially since someone was willing to take the car over.

That was very kind of you to try and transfer your car to someone else. Too bad it didn't work out, as your configuration is a rare unicorn now.

This isn't quite as easy logistically, but have you thought about arranging a 'transfer' post delivery? We took delivery of ours in Cleveland and paid no sales taxes etc, just temp registration. Guessing it would look like this:

- Take delivery and sell to a third party for purchase price, less tax credit.
- The only sales taxes paid are by the end user, so no one loses out there.
- You're out your temporary registration, netting >$2,000 more than you would if you walked away.
- Someone gets a 60D that they can no longer buy and might be the only avenue they have to afford the purchase.

Just a thought.