Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXLR Refresh High Pitch Sound Accelerating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do.. its a high pitch whining sound. Much more pronounced then when I drive my Model Y... I have it on my list for the service shop next week

I notice I can sorta 'modulate the sound' by slightly letting off the pedal and then pressing it back down a bit

I do.. its a high pitch whining sound. Much more pronounced then when I drive my Model Y... I have it on my list for the service shop next week

I notice I can sorta 'modulate the sound' by slightly letting off the pedal and then pressing it back down a bit
Yaa me too — when was your car built and is it LR or Plaid? Do you think it’s “normal”? I wonder if the whole front drive unit might need to be replaced? Seems like it good be a big deal??

Mine was built 2/12 — LR

From Raven onwards I'm pretty sure they introduced the new front motor from model 3 design. I have this same issue on my 2019 Raven S. The whining is indeed by design and you get used to it. Annoying, though.
Isn't that a permanent magnetic design? Does that mean the newer X/Ss can be driven with one pedal and will come to a full stop without pressing on the brake pedal like a 3?