Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXP 22” tire chain recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tires dimensions are 285/35 22”. Planning to visit snoqualmie pass and need recommendation for tire chains to allow me to legally go up the pass. Konig k67 are out of stock on tesla website.. does everyone use only those chains? Dont want to risk suspension damage by using the wrap around chains.
Heard that 22” is not good for icy conditions, have you traveled with these wheels? What has been your experience?

Correct those are the ones. Purchased at the end of October from the Tesla shop as I thought they were the only ones that fit for my December trip to Mammoth. Practiced putting them on, thought they were very cool how they go on. When it came to actually using them, the lug connector would detach and the chains would make their way off the tires when driving(never more than 15 mph) more than a couple blocks. I was fortunate to have the people behind me tell me they came off. We followed the instructions, used the tool provided to torqued to spec until it clicks with everything aligned properly. Even watched install videos and other people verify. I wanted to rule out user error but they would come off multiple times. Have been dealing with Tesla ever since and it’s been very frustrating. I get they want to rule out user error but I will not recreate the fail scenarios or provide exact photos of how it failed. I’ve provided the best I could to show them. I even offered to just send them back so they can figure it out as it’s been enough back a forth for me. I’m not trying to come out out ahead or anything. They look brand new and do install properly they just end up failing. I also wouldn’t dare reselling them to anyone else even though they’re sold out everywhere knowing my experience with them. I’ve even purchased another set of wheels and tires from a member here so I would have more options on chains for the next trip. Anyways I digress and apologies for the long rant post but caught me at the right time.

Anyhow I wouldn’t recommend those. GL

no way..https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-y-21_-snow-chains
These ones???

i used the k&k sock vs the auto sock and like the k&k way more
just got back form tahoe