TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My 1 year, 30,000 Mile Review, done on one of my Famous Road Trip videos @_@

Discussion in 'Video' started by islandbayy, May 24, 2014.

1. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

#1 islandbayy, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I had a lot of requests for one of my "Road Trip" videos after how popular the one I did last year was. So I did my 30,000 Mile 1 year review during a 2 1/2 hr drive :) Includes My review, ramblings, movie quotes, shout outs, and more! ENJOY!

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Friendly tip: no-one is going to watch 2 1/4 hrs of traffic, that's longer than many feature movies.

3. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

You'd be suprised. I did a similar video last summer, same drive, only straight through with no supercharger. I did this one due to popular demand after the last one. I am going to do another short 30k 1 year review, 4-5 minutes though.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I'm not going to even start watching a video that is 2:14:21 long. Not a chance. Seriously, edit it down to the essentials and it will have a lot more impact.

5. dave

dave Member

Lol. Appreciate your willingness to share. :)

6. Pate

Pate Member

Thanks islandbayy! I found your video yesterday, and have already watched almost 2 hours of it.

Don't mind the naysayers, there are people who like to watch two hours of traffic. It is pretty hypnotic. Almost like watching paint dry, but with a commentary! :)

Ps. For a non-native English speaker it is hard to figure out what exactly that super-something-something-something word actually is...

7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

¿¿¿Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious, perhaps?????

8. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

You get a cookie ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You get a Cookie for Effort :)

9. Phoster

Phoster Member

I actually made it all the way through and enjoyed it, although I must admit it was running in the background for significant portions. I did back up and listen to the more interesting parts. Your Model S is a little older than mine (11 months, 24,750 miles), but we share many of the same thoughts and experiences.

Thanks again for hosting the gathering in the Dells last weekend. I know we didn't have the expected turnout, but I had a great time and fully expect this will grow into an annual event. I will be back next year if at all possible.

10. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Glad you enjoyed the video, and the party! Happy to have you, and will be happy to have you back again next year. Definately not doing the party on Automotion Weekend. The original Idea, Tesla's and the Midwests Largest car show.... Yah, flop. Too crazy, and to many POS Ricer cars... Although it was fun blasting them away even with my lowly 60kW pack....
    Yah, your catching up to my car ;) After your cross country trip, I believe you will surpass my mileage, unless my Limo driving really takes off.

11. Nichen

Nichen Member

I love the video! For each day I am getting more and more eager to get an electric car, like the Model E. I have a pretty remarkable car at the moment...and Audi A2 1.2 TDI built in a aluminium frame. There are only about 6500 left of the 1.2 TDIs left in the whole world. It's from 2001 and I try to use as much biodiesel I can with it. I can reach about 78 MPG with this car so it sure is a lovely little thing. But when my Audi says "no more"...then it sure will be time for the model E. DSC_0294.jpg

12. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

I'm glad you enjoyed! I have another you may Enjoy, it's coming soon, my Niagara Falls Video is almost complete. I have the first draft online for some private viewing by my Historian Friend John to make sure I didn't screw up things too badly, once I get the Final OK from him, and make any corrections needed, the finished version, in 4k UltraHD will be uploaded to YouTube :)