Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 19" Gemini Wheels trade for your Induction 20" wheels. Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People paid 2k more for the induction... I don't know if you're going to find someone willing to straight trade, but good luck!
There has to be plenty of people who only ordered the 20s to get an earlier EDD but wanted the Gemini. Should be easy to find someone to do a straight swap. Probably location dependent but I’ll be looking to do this as well in SoCal.

@166266, you might want to consider putting your post OUTSIDE of the quotes.

$3500 doesn't take into account that, when you order it with the car, they REMOVE the 19" wheels, so that could be considered the $1500 price difference between what has been said. Though, if you follow the straight pricing on the shop, the 20" is "only" $1k more than the 19" (though I didn't fully calculate price difference of tires).
There has to be plenty of people who only ordered the 20s to get an earlier EDD but wanted the Gemini. Should be easy to find someone to do a straight swap. Probably location dependent but I’ll be looking to do this as well in SoCal.
While it's probably true there will be plenty of people who want to swap from their 20" to 19" inch, I'm not sure they'd want a straight swap without a bit of cash on top of the 19". As I just mentioned, there's a price difference between the two wheels. So, $2k might be a bit much, maybe $500 to $1k in additional cash wouldn't be unreasonable.

For the person with the 19", they would've paid $2k to get the 20" with the car. Or they'd have to pay $3500 for the 20" winter package from the shop, maybe have the tires swapped and finally sell what they don't want (or keep it all as is). $500-$1k means they pay a bit, but not the full price.

For the person with the 20", asking for $500-$1k means they lost a bit compared to the $2k they spent for the option, there was a reason they chose that option, so assuming they got that reason fulfilled, it should be counted as a positive still. Asking for no money, on the other hand, seems unreasonable no matter if they got whatever else it was. $500-$1k means they get some money, without completely taking advantage of the other side and getting whatever the reason to selecting the 20" in the first place.

So yeah, $500-$1k could be considered a compromise between the two.

Reactions: 166266 and dvlsd
Arguably it’s the comfort of the 19” that draws people in. Also supply v demand. Demand is higher for the 19”s at least right now. If I got a MYP and hated the 21” turbines, I’d be looking for the Gemini’s asap, cash or no cash, and even more so if I had a family to take around. To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:
@166266, you might want to consider putting your post OUTSIDE of the quotes.

$3500 doesn't take into account that, when you order it with the car, they REMOVE the 19" wheels, so that could be considered the $1500 price difference between what has been said. Though, if you follow the straight pricing on the shop, the 20" is "only" $1k more than the 19" (though I didn't fully calculate price difference of tires).

While it's probably true there will be plenty of people who want to swap from their 20" to 19" inch, I'm not sure they'd want a straight swap without a bit of cash on top of the 19". As I just mentioned, there's a price difference between the two wheels. So, $2k might be a bit much, maybe $500 to $1k in additional cash wouldn't be unreasonable.

For the person with the 19", they would've paid $2k to get the 20" with the car. Or they'd have to pay $3500 for the 20" winter package from the shop, maybe have the tires swapped and finally sell what they don't want (or keep it all as is). $500-$1k means they pay a bit, but not the full price.

For the person with the 20", asking for $500-$1k means they lost a bit compared to the $2k they spent for the option, there was a reason they chose that option, so assuming they got that reason fulfilled, it should be counted as a positive still. Asking for no money, on the other hand, seems unreasonable no matter if they got whatever else it was. $500-$1k means they get some money, without completely taking advantage of the other side and getting whatever the reason to selecting the 20" in the first place.

So yeah, $500-$1k could be considered a compromise between the two.
Yes , you are right, my option is , I have my 2023 Y coming , I bought 19” TSS matte black 4 wheels package at $3000 (on sale last 2-3 weeks from T-sportline ) , so my point is if you have had 19” ,you may get another 20”, cause I see at the first place ,you like 19” for economic and comfort ride , than now , you like the look or so of 20”.I think that no one with Tesla Y wants to swap 19”-20” for no cash

Last edited: