Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 T-Boned and Totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Sunday, my long awaited (2014 early order) Model X with Lifetime Super Charging was totaled. A driver hit it in the driver's side door and tire deploying all internal airbags -- all seat airbags included. The impact severed the left front tire and its brake and shock assembly from the Motor's 1/4 differential completely off at the ball joint. The X continued over a 6 inch curb and hit a concrete lamp post (so I was told) and came to rest on 3 flat tires in a bank parking lot. We never found the front air shock.

Much thanks to the Tesla engineers who designed this amazing vehicle. I would think most other vehicles could have been fatal. Some PT in my future, but alive and limped away. 20190519_124408[2].jpg 20190519_124408[2].jpg IMG_0421[1].jpg

Terrible. Glad to hear that you're OK. Hopefully Tesla works with you on the lifetime supercharging if you decide to order a replacement car. If not, at least you're eligible for free Ludicrous!

Absolutely agree! About two and a half weeks ago my X was rear ended by a DUI driver on the highway hard enough to rip the rear axle out and send it spinning into the median. I don't know how fast they would have had to go to rip the axle out, but I thanks the Tesla engineers that despite the circumstances the thing didn't flip. Glad to hear you're ok! Time to order one of those new X's and take advantage of the free ludicrous like I did.

IMG_7771.jpg

Thanks for all the good wishes. I had planned to keep the X, and ordered a S to replace the sedan. Now have to work through the scenarios. The S should be on its way. The inventory car announce with free lifetime SC may be appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX