Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2017 Model X (30,000 mi) HV battery problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jennamarietx

South TX 2017 MX
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Texas
My MX 100D has been totally reliable--until tonight. The Tesla app showed zero charge on the HV battery; I couldn't believe this, so went out to the garage and sure enough, when I opened a front door the touch-screen and driver display remained blank, also, pressing the brake did nothing, dead in the water. I keep it charged to 255 mille range as a rule. It was not plugged in this particular time, but there's no way it could have drained from 255 to zero in a couple of hours. I don't need it tonight but tomorrow I'll call Tesla and see what they say. Any advice would be welcome!

You might want to do something to charge up your 12 volt battery. That should make the displays work regardless of the condition of the high voltage battery. Unless there is some other problem. Also, there have been statements online here that say if the 12 volt battery goes dead, it might give you an erroneous error about the high voltage battery. So, your problem may be only the 12 volt battery.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H