Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2022 Model S Plaid Shut Down!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a few days ago I got into my Model S Plaid, like any other day. As I was about to drive, I heard a Loud Bang/Thump that startled myself and my wife.
I then saw a few messages on my display: [Photos Attached].

1. "Electrical system is unable to support all features, Shutting down features to conserve energy"...and...
2. "Cabin climate control system requires service, Cabin heating / cooling limited or unavailable...Car Off."

Car had to be towed to service. I just heard back from Tesla 5 Days later on my Tesla App, the following message:

Good Morning Carlos, we diagnosed your vehicle and it needs a front drive unit inverter. There was a non
serviceable internal fault in the inverter. The inverter is what controls the drive unit (front motor) itself, the part is
not in stock and we had to order it. Waiting on parts at this time, NO ETA unfortunately.

So now the waiting game begins. I'll keep you guys posted...But at least, for the first time in 3 years of owning Tesla's [I had a model 3 before] they gave me a Loaner [Old Model S 70D...feels nothing like my plaid, but at least its something! Haha!]

Attachments

• IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2461 2.JPG
    IMG_2461 2.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Informative
Reactions: Audietron
So a few days ago I got into my Model S Plaid, like any other day. As I was about to drive, I heard a Loud Bang/Thump that startled myself and my wife.

1. "Electrical system is unable to support all features, Shutting down features to conserve energy"...and...
2. "Cabin climate control system requires service, Cabin heating / cooling limited or unavailable...Car Off."

Car had to be towed to service. I just heard back from Tesla 5 Days later on my Tesla App, the following message:

Good Morning Carlos, we diagnosed your vehicle and it needs a front drive unit inverter. There was a non
serviceable internal fault in the inverter. The inverter is what controls the drive unit (front motor) itself, the part is
not in stock and we had to order it. Waiting on parts at this time, NO ETA unfortunately.

So now the waiting game begins. I'll keep you guys posted...But at least, for the first time in 3 years of owning Tesla's [I had a model 3 before] they gave me a Loaner [Old Model S 70D...feels nothing like my plaid, but at least its something! Haha!]
At least no one was hurt and you are mobile with loaner instead of rental car. At New Zealand Tesla started giving Uber credit instead of loaners, sort of daily credit till car fixed for fixed daily amount to use for qualified rides (No parties policy i guess - lol)

How is the Model S plaid experience? I have one booked myself but no one knows when exactly they will start delivering to New Zealand market.

Its an AMAZING machine...I Love It!!

I've had many beautiful BMW's, BENZ, Etc...but nothing compares to this as far as performance.

It's not perfect and can improve on a few things...the ride could be a little softer on comfort mode for one...but not a deal breaker.

When you get it, you will remember me:cool:
well perfection doesn't exist in living world as everything moving. specially for a working car - lol.
I noticed driving to be hard in comfort mode, but again it's only an issue if insist on driving when car can drive itself most times.

It's waiting game.... no one knows when Tesla decides something or what's on Tesla's roadmap for real.