Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 22M3LR Accessory Wish List: comments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

While I wait (hopefully no more than) two months for my 22/M3LR/Black/black/19-in, I've been "shopping" for planned accessory acquisitions. Would welcome anyone's thoughts on any of the below. (Indented items are ones where it seems there are comparable, competing products from AO an Evannex). I know some products are currently unavailable, but I've still listed them.

Thanks!

Todd

Honestly my advice is don’t buy any accessories until you’ve had the car and know what you’d want. But things as you discover you need them instead of plopping down a bunch for stuff you might want but in reality might not

Honestly my advice is don’t buy any accessories until you’ve had the car and know what you’d want. But things as you discover you need them instead of plopping down a bunch for stuff you might want but in reality might not

I second this. I don't see much value in most of this stuff. Surprised that for all the accessories you've listed, you haven't considered floor mats. These are great:

I'd get these mats (I *did* get these mats) and skip the rest. Maybe after getting the car you might find the need to buy some things, but this just looks like you're itching to shop 😉

I second this. I don't see much value in most of this stuff. Surprised that for all the accessories you've listed, you haven't considered floor mats. These are great:

I'd get these mats (I *did* get these mats) and skip the rest. Maybe after getting the car you might find the need to buy some things, but this just looks like you're itching to shop 😉
Thanks to you and the previous poster for your replies. I don’t plan to actually buy many of these things before getting the car; this has mostly been a fun exercise while I wait for it. I’d still welcome any opinions on particular items, if anyone cares to share.

On the mats, thanks for the recommendation. Those are something I didn’t focus on when test driving the car. I’ll keep those in mind!

Thanks!

Yes, I’ve seen this news. I still don’t think we’ve seen whether this applies to orders already placed but not yet delivered. Fortunately, my home charging situation is all set (I’m a big fan of the ChargePoint Home Flex) and I’ve procured a backup mobile solution, just in case. I agree it’s chintzy and a bad look. But, I’d rather have this go than some arguably(!) more essential component (say, radar). And, there are available third-party options.

Let’s see how this develops…

I have to agree, I think you'll find a majority of this list to be more than you need. Some things, like those eyebrow decals, come down to aesthetic preference, but there are other accessories I would argue are necessary. Unless you plan on replacing the carpet OEM mats as they get beat up, I would strongly recommend all weather mats. I went with the set from Tesmanian that include liners for the rear trunk, sub trunk, and front trunk. Most good quality options will cover the dead pedal on the driver's mat, which would eliminate the need for a separate dead pedal cover as you listed.

Another important accessory to have, in my opinion, is a screen protector. It'll protect your screen from chips and scratches, reduces glare, and attracts less dust and fingerprints.

For mudflaps, I would just go with the set from Tesla. They're cheaper than the ones you listed and they're slightly larger which will provide greater coverage. You only really need the front set, so only worry about the rear flaps if you prefer the look of having all four.