Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 3-day Old Roadster Towed Back to Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy the car private party or from a used car dealer? I dont think Tesla does CPO Roadsters so i wonder if you have some recourse with the point of sale (If a dealer).

Sucks to have broken stuff but at least it wasn't something REALLY expensive.

The ownership experience of a Tesla exemplifies the word bipolar. Either it's the best vehicle you've ever driven, besting even your grandest dreams, or you're scowling with furrowed brows and cursing like a sailor. I don't think there's anything in-between. It's a wild ride, and I just am hoping to spend more time at the top of the roller coaster than the bottom.

• Funny
Reactions: SpitzNV
Glad to have located this thread, as my Roadster 1438 is going through the same issue.
ID's 276 and 278 began showing up after attempting to charge the morning after I took delivery of the car. Not even 9,950 miles on the clock. Not even after 60 miles driven by me after taking ownership.

The Dallas SC determined a 400V controller fault, and quoted me $1,200 to replace it.

Am I wrong to be extremely disappointed in a fault on something that seems to be poorly engineered / not retrofitted like most other cars? My 2.5 I owned for a year before this saw immense amounts of rain and never threw a single error code. Hmm...

I think you are right to be disappointed. Given the seriousness of the problem (not just dead, stranded by the roadside, but also that when it blows it can also take out the fuse within the ESS), IMHO Tesla should have recalled every car with that component and replaced it under warranty.