Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 3D print of the change holder - fits in cup holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Thought I would share, this is another project I am playing around with. Printed in ABS plastic. At 98% I shifted from red to silver. I think it came out great. It took about 15 hours to print.

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8816.JPG

Same printer settings 222 EAP and 105 bed temperature.

Thanks for looking and happy driving.

Attachments

• IMG_8817.JPG
    IMG_8817.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 34
Fantastic.

If you make a bunch I would like to buy one : )

Is it short enough that the arm rest would still slide over it?
Thanks, not sure if I am going to get too into that part of this, but if you want one, I got the plans from thingverse and modified them slightly. you can request one to be printed from there, not sure how that works though.

I know i can change the height to whatever I want. I'll reach out to you if it is something I end up getting into. Right now I am just printing to play with the settings and get a feel for what i can do.

Have a great day, and thanks for looking.

Nice job! Like the two color too. (I'll bet you waited patiently by the printer for 14 hours and 20 minutes to switch colors at just the right time. ;) )

For this application, I wonder if you could go with 10% in-fill, save many hours of printing, and still have plenty of structural integrity?

Reactions: RichardD
Nice job! Like the two color too. (I'll bet you waited patiently by the printer for 14 hours and 20 minutes to switch colors at just the right time. ;) )

yes for sure. 10% would have been enough.. I didn't plan to change the color, i just happened to walk up to it and saw it and said.. hmm that would be neat.. i marked the % in case anyone else wanted to do it too.

Thanks, not sure if I am going to get too into that part of this, but if you want one, I got the plans from thingverse and modified them slightly. you can request one to be printed from there, not sure how that works though.
If you're into it, you could re-upload the modified thing to thingiverse as a remix. I did something similar for a charger handle mount I modified.

Also, if someone wants to replicate the color change, ColorPrint makes it pretty easy. Then you don't have to worry about timing it just right.
ColorPrint - Prusa Printers

Reactions: RichardD
You made my day.. I knew it could be done, I just didn't look for it yet. I will add that.
I will also upload my remixes as I have been playing with tinkercad to mix and match pieces and logos into various plastic parts.