Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 3rd door handle failure in 2 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to update on this topic, I've now had all 4 handles replaced (the not retracting issue). But a new issue only 2 weeks after last repair, now the two fixed handles retract but don't unlock the doors. Hopefully Tesla will fix as it looks like relating to recent work. If not, I'll let you know about how good Redbook really is (I've only had 2 services in 4 years, but that is not inconsistent with the advice given).

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
So both the ones replaced in August have now failed again (with 2 weeks). I took to St Leonards & they couldn't find the problem (but were short of time). Now I'm unable to contact the service centre in St Leonards (3 emails, 2 calls, 2 texts - all unanswered). Is anyone having problems with St Leonards ? They don't even appear as an option for service scheduling in the app at present. I'm in Newcastle NSW, so can't easily just drive in to see if they are still alive !

Yeah I thought about red book but I was worried they might fight claims or basically be a pain in some way so I didn’t bother.

I've used Redbook twice - both times I had to pay in advance, but redbook reimbursed within a couple of days. Very easy. I highly recommend them based on unlimted klms coverage and price (was $1200 - not abou $4000) (I have no afiliation with them)

• Informative
Reactions: raynewman
So both the ones replaced in August have now failed again (with 2 weeks). I took to St Leonards & they couldn't find the problem (but were short of time). Now I'm unable to contact the service centre in St Leonards (3 emails, 2 calls, 2 texts - all unanswered). Is anyone having problems with St Leonards ? They don't even appear as an option for service scheduling in the app at present. I'm in Newcastle NSW, so can't easily just drive in to see if they are still alive !

Call their support number - 1800646952 - and you should get through to a service representative who can help you. Nobody at St Leonards will answer atm.