Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My $55,000 work truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
I have some rental property so I'm often going over to fix something or other

I used to have a Ford Transit Connect (great design, lousy build quality) that I used as the work truck, then I got the PriusV and promised myself I'd only ever use Tranny the Transit Van for work, but as the PriusV was so much more pleasant to drive, that promise didn't last long

Then we unloaded the Van, so yes the PriusV became the defacto work truck with the wife's CRV as a backup for "dirty" jobs

Then I got the Y and the wife started driving the PriusV ... and the CRV won't stat anyway, so guess what . . .

. . . yes, I took the Y over to a house yesterday to unclog a drain line - and so it starts :(

Anyone else using their Y for something they probably shouldn't

I used my Y to move a majority of my boxes when moving. And we had movers come just for furniture. I think it took about 10 trips but with all the seats down, using the floor space of the back row, and all the compartments, this thing has so much room! Def gave it a good wipe down after. Luckily we also got some all weather mats so nothing got dirty.

I also manage properties - towing a lil aluminum utility trailer… and the MYP has never failed me.

It’s my SwissArmyCar.
My “Eleanor” can do everything.
I drove mine in the woods with my trailer to get firewood.
56F975FD-D62D-4890-A051-AF22AF37C1B4.jpeg