Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 5th service appointment concerning my horn not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can remotely summon the car with nobody inside.

I can engage autopilot and the car essentially drives itself.

I can remotely vent the windows..... heat the seats.....and control the interior temp....etc.

However I cant get a simple thing like my horn to work - after visiting my service center for 4 times.

I just made an appointment for the 5th time concerning the horn. Both the high tone and low tone are gone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have a similar thing, when the car sleeps outside and it is wet and cold, the low horn is not working, when it sleeps in the garage, all is ok. One time both horns didn’t work.
I think it is caused by a bad contact, in the wire harnas or the horns themselves. Since it is so intermittent I suspect a bad earth. I plan to take the frunk out and check the plugs and earth points.

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Every TESLA has 2 horns? I know my Sprinter only has the one horn.

I too am having issues with my horn. I take the Frunk apart pretty regular-like, doing installs and upgrades to the Frunk opener, so I assume it was something to do with me, but when I press the horn often the only response I get is the camera saving the footage to the USB stick. But when I next try it, all's well. I haven't figured out what the chain of causation is. Software updates?

I too am OOW so I will NOT be having Tesla look at this.

Well I was going to say why don't you Google it but when I do that this is what I find:

2019.1.21-Danny-Duncan-Tesla-Model-3-bull-horns-C.jpg

The actual horn is at the very front under the front bumper. Sadly I didn't take pics or videos, but I did test a friend's Model 3 and his horn sounds different than mine. Gonna have to see if someone else can beep their horn at me so I can see if it's my car or his that is missing a horn. If it's me than an intermittent connection with the remaining horn would explain my intermittent horn issues.

I am glad to know now, thanks to this thread, that I can beep the horn with my right thumb easily. Always had to bench press the horn to get it to activate in the center.

There are 2 physical horns. My lower-tone horn was being flaky, and mobile service replaced it. A properly sounding horn should have 2 tones, about a major 3rd in interval.

When you lose one of the horns, it sounds like a clown car horn.