Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 7 Seat 2nd row trim keeps popping off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 7 seater's 2nd row rail trim pops off every time I slide the seat forward to access the 3rd row. I scheduled an service appointment, but was just wondering if anyone had this issue.

Also, this is unrelated, but is there a trick to slide the seat forward and up is one single button press and motion? I always have to try at least twice. For example, press the release, seat slides forward only, press it again, seat tilts up.

Attachments

• IMG_3521.jpg
    IMG_3521.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 494
My 7 seater's 2nd row rail trim pops off every time I slide the seat forward to access the 3rd row. I scheduled an service appointment, but was just wondering if anyone had this issue.

Also, this is unrelated, but is there a trick to slide the seat forward and up is one single button press and motion? I always have to try at least twice. For example, press the release, seat slides forward only, press it again, seat tilts up.

I too have to do twice. Once to move forward, then again to raise. I heard you can also recline the second row, but haven't figured out how.

It looks like in your picture that your rails are fully covered. On mine only the outer half of the rails are covered. The inner half are not and even have white painted numbers.

I pointed this out at delivery as it looked unfinished but they said they all came that way by design.

If you happen to have a part number it would be awesome.

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_121432729.jpg
    PXL_20210423_121432729.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 336
Yes, mine was delivered with 2 of those covers loose: one just had to be pushed back on, but on the other the pink clip was mangled so service had to order a replacement (still waiting)

I too have to do twice. Once to move forward, then again to raise. I heard you can also recline the second row, but haven't figured out how.

It looks like in your picture that your rails are fully covered. On mine only the outer half of the rails are covered. The inner half are not and even have white painted numbers.

I pointed this out at delivery as it looked unfinished but they said they all came that way by design.

If you happen to have a part number it would be awesome.

So to recline, you have to pull the handle / button on the side of the bottom seat cushions.

As for the trim, it covers the rail on one side only. Part number is 1592868 (left side) and 1592867 (right side). From your pic, you need the left side trim. I also just noticed, as I was looking, that one of the middle trim was missing from the factory, so have to update my service ticket. The entire sliding and raising mechanism doesn't seem to be very well engineered and feels flimsy. I have a diono car seat (about 30lb) on the driver side and I can hear a bit of a grinding noise every time I raise it. I just hopes when it breaks, the car will still be under warranty.

Reactions: dduffey
This has happened to me as well. The first time was about a month after delivery, on the right side, and the left side popped off a couple of weeks ago. they repaired it quickly the first time. Will take it in for the other once I get it back from the body shop. (That's another $8500 story...got hit, looked like a small dent, $$$)