Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 7 Seat Config "Prepare For Delivery"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else order a 7 Seat MY and have gotten the Prepare For Delivery? I ordered in NOV 2019 with a paint change in JAN. I have completed everything and awaiting MVPA, VIN. Financed with Chase thru Tesla. I'm in NJ and have been reading about Q2 7 seat deliveries. Want to know if I need to temper my excitement. I was ready to wait until 2021!

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I ordered a max spec 7 seater on March 14, 2019. I haven't received any text or email and hadn't thought to check my Tesla account in a while. I was at Prepare for Delivery and was able to fill out the reg, license, insurance etc. No delivery window though. I would love to see any evidence that these have / are being delivered.

I ordered a max spec 7 seater on March 14, 2019. I haven't received any text or email and hadn't thought to check my Tesla account in a while. I was at Prepare for Delivery and was able to fill out the reg, license, insurance etc. No delivery window though. I would love to see any evidence that these have / are being delivered.

The next indication of movement will probably be a text asking for you to complete payment information. You can check your source codes for VINs, but lately it seems the text goes out the same time as VIN assignment.

I believe everyone got "Prepare for Delivery" it was a glitch back in March, even the RWD people like me got it. I can say don't get too excited or act too fast (like returning your lease or something) until you actually get an email or text as everyone got that screen you have. My opinion is that they won't make the 7 seater until Q4 2020 or even into 2021 or might not even make it at all as the demand doesn't seem that high.

Anyone getting 7 seat notice? Q4 is around the corner...
No notice. I uploaded trade in information and financing information back in February and have been stuck in "drafting contract" since March. I entered this information fully knowing that it would be a while but hey you never know. This week they came back in my Tesla account asking for new information/pictures of my trade in vehicle (no email or text). I removed my trade-in with the hopes that not trading in a vehicle will help me move up on whatever order of delivery list they have. I really hope the recent change in delivery timeline for AWD MYs is an indication they are switching to production of the 7 seat MYs!

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricLee
So then we know which way the seats face, right.

My guess is (purely a guess) is that it will face forward, same as the unveil and the prototype car.

The reason why Sandy Munro didn’t find mountings for a forward facing 3rd row is because they had always intended to make cars with 3rd row using the Giga Press so the mounting for the 3rd row will only exist on the newer single piece casted rear. Guess we will find out in a few week if that’s right.