TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My 70D upgraded to 75D for FREE

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by angelsun, May 22, 2016.

1. angelsun

angelsun Member

Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

A couple of days ago someone from Tesla called me about my order of 70D, and told me they can upgrade it to 75D for free. Definitely glad to take this $3000 saving :D I was also told that original delivery date targeted Sept but if I purchase air suspension ($1250), delivery date would target July. Accepted.
    I am wondering if all other 70D are upgraded to 75D for free or just a few people got luck?

I ordered basic 70D early Feb, with only upgrades being 3rd row and blue exterior color.

2. James Anders

James Anders Member

Very odd. Sounds like a parts shortage?

3. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Many threads on this. Yes, any 70D ordered got upgraded for free. Ditto with the SAS offer you got.

4. loganintx

loganintx Member

They are not making nor have ever made a 70D Model X. Congrats on the Free Upgrade and discounted SAS. Very nice.

5. Diavel

Diavel Member

Since you got the air suspension and three rows, please consider the accessory hitch or tow package. You don't want an X full of people with no space for their items.

Tesla will probably charge you a change fee of $500 but you can probably negotiate it gone since they called you out of the blue without expecting it.

At the very least, the accessory hitch is a must for $200.

6. angelsun

angelsun Member

Thanks guys!
    and thanks for the suggestion @Diavel . Let me do some research on tow package.