Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 90D Saga...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btrflyl8e

MSLR, W/W 21s FSD 1145 DEL 11/26 VIN MF454
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2013
Seminole, FL
I love my car and have had no issues (other than an unruly chargeport door that wouldn't stay closed early on, that was fixed promptly). Sometimes I like to imagine that my local service center misses me a little.

I have over 22,000 miles on it in less than a year, a good chunk of that on autopilot (AP1). I use AP daily and can't imagine life without it.

Sorry for the positivity. Just trying to balance the universe a little!

Anyone else just enjoying their amazing car as much as I am, 4 years in?

I got mine just after you and only have about 7000 miles on mine. I don't drive every day, I work from home, but I'm still loving it too. My headlights started buzzing in December and the service center replaced them and I didn't like the original cloth seats. I replaced them with next gen and they are much better.

It is a great pleasure to drive, even when the destination is not fun (like when we had to put the cat down or dealing with my SO's surgery).

After 7 years and 58k miles on my old Roadster...
And going on 5 years and over 80k miles on my wife's Model S...
And 7 months and 8k miles on my new Model S...

Yeah, I still smile every time I go out in the garage. These things are GREAT.

I wanted to swap my winter tires for summer tires, and easily got an appointment on the day I wanted with just a week's notice. No waiting, and friendly employees at the service center like always. I got a nice clean Model S loaner, as always. Tesla will swap the tires and clean my car for free. Life is good.

My wife and I are both early 80's and we put 40,000 miles on "GASKIKR" (ModS 85 - Nov. 2013) from Seattle to New England, DC, Florida and the SoWest, Now 25,000 on "GASKIKR" no. 2 (Titanium 85D - Nov. 15) 'cause I made the mistake of accepting a loaner - with AP - for 2 days while #1 was getting its 'biennial', and I heard "I touched it, it's mine" from my dear wife. East Coast, here we come . . . again. And I can honestly say, without exaggeration, this magnificent machine keeps me young.

I got mine just after you and only have about 7000 miles on mine. I don't drive every day, I work from home, but I'm still loving it too. My headlights started buzzing in December and the service center replaced them and I didn't like the original cloth seats. I replaced them with next gen and they are much better.

It is a great pleasure to drive, even when the destination is not fun (like when we had to put the cat down or dealing with my SO's surgery).
I remember those events. :(

My headlights have been buzzing since day one, I haven't bothered to address it. It isn't affecting their functionality so I just ignore it! I'll ask about it when I take it in for...annual service? Really wasn't going to do that, either. LOL

My wife and I are both early 80's and we put 40,000 miles on "GASKIKR" (ModS 85 - Nov. 2013) from Seattle to New England, DC, Florida and the SoWest, Now 25,000 on "GASKIKR" no. 2 (Titanium 85D - Nov. 15) 'cause I made the mistake of accepting a loaner - with AP - for 2 days while #1 was getting its 'biennial', and I heard "I touched it, it's mine" from my dear wife. East Coast, here we come . . . again. And I can honestly say, without exaggeration, this magnificent machine keeps me young.
Same thing happened to me with an AP loaner! I loved my May 2013 60, and put close to 50,000 miles on it. I had a window motor malfunction, took it in and they gave me a red P85 with AP. I got to keep it overnight, and I was done.

My stepfather is in his late 80's, and he really wants one...he is in love with my new car and all it can do!

I remember those events. :(

My headlights have been buzzing since day one, I haven't bothered to address it. It isn't affecting their functionality so I just ignore it! I'll ask about it when I take it in for...annual service? Really wasn't going to do that, either. LOL

About the only highlights of the last year have been the new car and the cats, but the old one had to die for the new cats to come into the household.

I've read here on the forum that the early refresh headlights had a tendency to buzz. Mine were fine until they replaced the seats. I noticed the right one was buzzing loud enough to be heard in the house after I got home from the service center. The left one was buzzing too, but not as loud. They replaced them and they have been fine since.

The meme among some seems to be that Teslas are horribly unreliable and a lot of the early cars did have problems. I think most recent buyers have experiences like you and I, a few minor issues, but nothing more than annoyances. At least that's the gist I get from reading this forum. Some people are unfortunate enough to get a buggy car, but they become fewer and fewer as time goes on.

As an engineer, I am still amazed at how well designed the car is. There are still a few minor annoyances like there should be door pockets and it would be handy for passengers with some mobility problems to have some grab handles for getting out, but those are minor. Performance-wise it's a dream to drive. I rarely use AP because I enjoy actually driving the car too much. Though AP on road trips is nice. I love the gobs of cargo space too.

My SO has always liked performance cars, though she's often driven things somewhat more practical. She has a Subaru Impreza now. She doesn't like large cars and loves her Impreza (so she says), but she seems to keep coming up with excuses to take the Tesla. :D

She had major surgery last week and can't drive for at least two weeks (though she's recovering far faster than anyone predicted). At least I can rely on my car being in the garage when I want to go somewhere for the next few weeks.

About the only highlights of the last year have been the new car and the cats, but the old one had to die for the new cats to come into the household.

I've read here on the forum that the early refresh headlights had a tendency to buzz. Mine were fine until they replaced the seats. I noticed the right one was buzzing loud enough to be heard in the house after I got home from the service center. The left one was buzzing too, but not as loud. They replaced them and they have been fine since.

The meme among some seems to be that Teslas are horribly unreliable and a lot of the early cars did have problems. I think most recent buyers have experiences like you and I, a few minor issues, but nothing more than annoyances. At least that's the gist I get from reading this forum. Some people are unfortunate enough to get a buggy car, but they become fewer and fewer as time goes on.

As an engineer, I am still amazed at how well designed the car is. There are still a few minor annoyances like there should be door pockets and it would be handy for passengers with some mobility problems to have some grab handles for getting out, but those are minor. Performance-wise it's a dream to drive. I rarely use AP because I enjoy actually driving the car too much. Though AP on road trips is nice. I love the gobs of cargo space too.

My SO has always liked performance cars, though she's often driven things somewhat more practical. She has a Subaru Impreza now. She doesn't like large cars and loves her Impreza (so she says), but she seems to keep coming up with excuses to take the Tesla. :D

She had major surgery last week and can't drive for at least two weeks (though she's recovering far faster than anyone predicted). At least I can rely on my car being in the garage when I want to go somewhere for the next few weeks.
I wish your SO the speediest of recoveries!

My early 60 (VIN 9555), was nearly flawless. The new owner just recently had to replace the 12v battery, it was the original from 2013, though...and this is FL.

I enjoy driving as well, but when most of my weekday driving is in heavy traffic, AP is welcome to it. Not much fun to be had there.

I wish your SO the speediest of recoveries!

Thanks.

She's doing well, though very tired the last couple of days. They sent her home with all sorts of pain killers and she's only taken one half codeine, some toredal, and Advil the last few days.

I have to give her lovenox shots daily (anti-coagulant). She says those are worse than anything related to the surgery, they burn like a *bleep* and there is nothing that can be done for it. She has old nerve damage from a severe allergy 30 years ago (sulfa) and the damage magnifies the pain from the shots. One evening we accidentally got too close to a badly damaged nerve and her entire side from the ribs to her foot burned for hours.

It's rough to watch her suffer with the shots, but she is one of the toughest people I've ever met. I wouldn't be here if I had faced some of the stuff she's been through.

My early 60 (VIN 9555), was nearly flawless. The new owner just recently had to replace the 12v battery, it was the original from 2013, though...and this is FL.

I enjoy driving as well, but when most of my weekday driving is in heavy traffic, AP is welcome to it. Not much fun to be had there.

You must have good "carma" :) I've had good luck with cars too.

I don't have to drive in stop and go traffic very often, but when I do, AP is fantastic. I think AP is better for that than driving at speed.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e