Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My AC drain line was eaten......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last week my car had a 1/4 inch of water on the floor board. I realized pretty quick the AC wasn't draining. I read online that it could be kinked, so I took it to the service center. Here is what they found. 2 inches of drain line missing from some kind of animal..... Tesla thought it was their problem, so they ordered new carpet for me ahead of time, but once they saw this they wanted $1000 for the carpet..LOL.... So I paid the $100 to get the drain line replaced and i'll shampoo the carpets(they were fine)... Crazy, I live in South Florida, we don't have many hose line eating critters.

My question is, how the hell did this thing get in my car? Car is in a garage, and I've never left the doors open or windows down while I'm not around. The car was in two weeks ago at the Tesla service center so I thought maybe they had broken the AC line or something, but now I'm thinking they let a rat in my car! Kidding of course, who knows...

upload_2019-2-20_13-51-54.png

So last week my car had a 1/4 inch of water on the floor board. I realized pretty quick the AC wasn't draining. I read online that it could be kinked, so I took it to the service center. Here is what they found. 2 inches of drain line missing from some kind of animal..... Tesla thought it was their problem, so they ordered new carpet for me ahead of time, but once they saw this they wanted $1000 for the carpet..LOL.... So I paid the $100 to get the drain line replaced and i'll shampoo the carpets(they were fine)... Crazy, I live in South Florida, we don't have many hose line eating critters.

My question is, how the hell did this thing get in my car? Car is in a garage, and I've never left the doors open or windows down while I'm not around. The car was in two weeks ago at the Tesla service center so I thought maybe they had broken the AC line or something, but now I'm thinking they let a rat in my car! Kidding of course, who knows...

View attachment 379126

I guess even if the carpet was damaged, your insurance would have covered that...

Last edited:
A garaged car is not immune to critters, especially the small ones that like to chew on stuff. Get some traps and place them inside and under your car for a few nights and see where that leads you. Stay away from poison because you’ll create a bigger problem when the thing dies somewhere deep in the car

Reactions: outdoors

View attachment 379126
Can you please tell me where the drain is located I'm having the same problem thanks

I’m guessing this is behind the frunk, against the firewall or is it inside the passenger compartment?

Bounce dryer sheets are great critter ridders. They hate the smell. You might too. Try them for a few weeks and see what happens. Place them wherever.