Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my guess is the cruise control trigger the sudden acceleration. I can't remember exactly what I did.
Shouldn't the cruise mode slow down or stop if it identify item in front of it? I don't even know we can trigger the cruise control when it's going under 5 mph.

A lot of people would be very interested in a Tesla had a real case of unattended acceleration. They'll probably be contacting you shortly, if they haven't already.

We had a user from earlier this year crash his nearly new car in a Costco parking lot and blamed the car, but I don't think it went anywhere. I believe it was his wife that was driving and he was the passenger.

Yes, my guess is the cruise control trigger the sudden acceleration. I can't remember exactly what I did.
Shouldn't the cruise mode slow down or stop if it identify item in front of it? I don't even know we can trigger the cruise control when it's going under 5 mph.

My MY was at the Tesla certified body shop in my town three weeks ago for a hood adjustment, and I saw three Teslas that were wrecked. According to a staff member, an owner of a brand new leased Tesla had just entered a brand new vehicle, which was at my SC's entrance, for the first time and proceeded to accelerate into the SC and seriously damage three other vehicles. Others confirmed the story. I guess stuff happens.

We use the same SC Art. True story, the new owner drove her Tesla into and through the newly opened Tesla SC brick and glass wall and damaged three of the showroom vehicles. Oddly, her car was not totaled and thank God no one inside was hurt. I saw the damage to the front of the building last week as we drove past, there are still plywood sheets up where the damage occurred. Preliminarily anyway- it's being attributed to "operator error".

We use the same SC Art. True story, the new owner drove her Tesla into and through the newly opened Tesla SC brick and glass wall and damaged three of the showroom vehicles. Oddly, her car was not totaled and thank God no one inside was hurt. I saw the damage to the front of the building last week as we drove past, there are still plywood sheets up where the damage occurred. Preliminarily anyway- it's being attributed to "operator error".
Result of unfamiliarity with one pedal mode.