Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Almost delivery in North Houston today - 2nd build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty crappy situation OP. Especially since it seems the wife is already on her last Tesla straw. If any problem occurs in the future (in the event you do eventually take possession of some Tesla), she might hold the pre-delivery experience over your head every time.
"See! I told you I didn't like it before we even bought it, and now look! It broke down! I told you so! You never listen to me!"

Hopefully you are getting all your problems out of the way early, and it's smooth sailing afterwards.

Pretty crappy situation OP. ...Hopefully you are getting all your problems out of the way early, and it's smooth sailing afterwards.

Heard back from Tesla Corporate. He was very apologetic about the experience so far and said he is going to make it right. Priority rebuild, closed shipping to Texas, loaner vehicle in the meantime, deal with the loan situation (Tesla has been paid), etc.

He is putting the full plan into an email. Realized after the call, that I forgot to ask about the free supercharging as this all started back in November and will be vehicle try number three.

Feeling much better about the situation, but await the final details.

And yes..Tesla management does read this forum.:)

There's a reason why Tesla has such high customer loyalty, and customers like us are planning to buy two more Tesla cars in the next 12 months.

Now, if I can just get someone from Tesla Corporate to give us the straight story on why the 100Ds can't be delivered...

Looks like we've missed the window for today's delivery, and our DS has no idea how much longer our delivery will be delayed.

Based on the OP's quality experience and a report on another thread about trim fit issues with their vehicle, I may make the long drive up to North Houston Service Center tomorrow to do a detailed inspection of our 100D - and if there are any issues, ask them to get them fixed while we're waiting for the delivery to be scheduled. Might as well take advantage of the extra time the car is staying at the Service Center and minimize the need for any post-delivery service...

Reactions: MP3Mike
"JasJ"

This is your neighbor...yes, your neighbor. I read your entire thread. You should have put this entire order in the hands of your wife from the very beginning. Next time avoid the emotional turmoil and turn everything over to her.

I was going to suggest you have Tesla perform a rebuild and this one can simply be listed on inventory. But, it looks like you have it under control. If your solution begins to stall, I'm confident the Tesla rep out of Las Vegas I have become friends with can help you with a solution.

Can't wait to see your new Model S (uhh, eventually). Can your wife please order me a silver Model X 100D?

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18 and JasJ
You should have put this entire order in the hands of your wife from the very beginning.

Sure, If I had done that, I'd would not have a Tesla. Her tolerance for this stuff is low. That is why she was great as the eagle eye on the paint. She was not as invested.

Can your wife please order me a silver Model X 100D?
Only a modest delivery inspection fee applies. Have to cover my HPWC install somehow.

Picking up our P85 there tomorrow too. Saturday Tesla meet up :p
There at 10am... I'll be in the 'red' one

• Funny
Reactions: F123456
Converting the rebuild car to a loaner makes a lot of sense. The car itself is fine - just needs enough cosmetic work to make it feel "almost new". Tesla can then do the windshield and paint repairs and will eventually sell it to someone, at a discount.

Seems like a win-win - the Service Centers can always use another loaner...

@JasJ
The irony of your refused car becoming your loaner is delicious.

It's downright HILARIOUS-- but makes sense. Even best case scenario you're talking several weeks' timeline and your prior build is a car that is not assigned to any other duty once refused AND already going to be dinged on value as an inventory car anyway because of the repairs... so why not toss on some extra miles anyway??

Sounds like Tesla really came through for you in the end (we hope third time is the charm) and you'll have the added benefit of verifying your configuration decisions before your actual car shows up. Make sure you still get the free Supercharging and the ventilated seats (or possibly swap with your "loaner" later?)

Best of luck!

Reactions: neroden
Easy for me to say but I would NEVER take delivery of that car. Mine had a few paint & trim issues & they were "easy" to wet sand & fix. This is way over the threshold of reasonable and indicative of a "world-class" vehicle, much less a "world-class" team. Tesla still has a long way to go. If it was me, I would run (or walk) to my next choice. Sorry this has happened to you.
tesla is a long way from world class

20170304_155457.jpg

The irony did not pan out..the 2nd build car's windshield chips were too severe..

So they gave me a blue one with 500 miles on it. I immediately drove towards the center of Texas to my son's boy scout campout. Piling the miles on now.