Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Almost delivery in North Houston today - 2nd build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully, the almost last update to this thread. Took delivery Saturday (4/29/17) after my mid-Nov 2016 order. Three builds and two loaners later.

Delivery.jpg

The car was almost perfect, except we had the dreaded premium leather seat wrinkles.
Front seat wrinkle view 1.jpg

If it had only been one, we might have let it go, but the driver's seat had wrinkles on both of the lower seat sections on both sides, plus the side bolster near the door looked not fully tacked down (wrinkled all over). We did compare it to the car in the design studio - the leather seat there had zero wrinkles. It took a bit, but the DS agreed that they will repair the seat or replace it if needed. It's the only item on the due bill.

Drive home was glorious.

Attachments

• before repair.jpg
    before repair.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 87
  • repaired.jpg
    repaired.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 91
Hopefully, the almost last update to this thread. Took delivery Saturday (4/29/17) after my mid-Nov 2016 order. Three builds and two loaners later.

View attachment 225060

The car was almost perfect, except we had the dreaded premium leather seat wrinkles.
View attachment 225063

If it had only been one, we might have let it go, but the driver's seat had wrinkles on both of the lower seat sections on both sides, plus the side bolster near the door looked not fully tacked down (wrinkled all over). We did compare it to the car in the design studio - the leather seat there had zero wrinkles. It took a bit, but the DS agreed that they will repair the seat or replace it if needed. It's the only item on the due bill.

Drive home was glorious.

Im gad everything turned out well this time!!

To get the leather to match, Tesla should replace the entire seat. It's a much simpler repair for the Service Center - and something they considered when we initially couldn't get the lumbar adjustment working on our S 100D in March (fortunately, it was only a loose connector).

Though... with leather seats, even if they are perfect on delivery, some wrinkling is almost inevitable after the seats have been used.

View attachment 225060

View attachment 225063

Drive home was glorious.
Congrats. This was the 3rd built right?
When did you placed the order for this one? And how did you keep the free supercharging. They insist to me free supercharging is not possible anymore, if I want a rebuilt.

To get the leather to match, Tesla should replace the entire seat.
They are going to stretch or adjust the existing seat. They are not going to replace pieces, but if need be replace the entire seat. I would have accepted some minor wrinkles in the seat, but the side bolster was messed up and in the picture above you can see where the stitching is already loose. I expect they will ultimately have to replace the seat, but they wanted an option to fix first. If they can, great.

Congrats. This was the 3rd built right?
When did you placed the order for this one? And how did you keep the free supercharging. They insist to me free supercharging is not possible anymore, if I want a rebuilt.

I did not place the last order (3rd build), Tesla handled all the re-orders/re-builds. My original order was from Nov 2016 and that is what they delivered to me yesterday as ordered by me.

They are going to stretch or adjust the existing seat. They are not going to replace pieces, but if need be replace the entire seat. I would have accepted some minor wrinkles in the seat, but the side bolster was messed up and in the picture above you can see where the stitching is already loose. I expect they will ultimately have to replace the seat, but they wanted an option to fix first. If they can, great.

I did not place the last order (3rd build), Tesla handled all the re-orders/re-builds. My original order was from Nov 2016 and that is what they delivered to me yesterday as ordered by me.
Thanks for the reply.
Just wondering, did they let you change any spec?
Since s60 and free supercharging are no more, and glass roof is standard, I guess my rebuilt is just little bit more complicated.

Thanks for the reply.
Just wondering, did they let you change any spec?
Since s60 and free supercharging are no more, and glass roof is standard, I guess my rebuilt is just little bit more complicated.
They specifically did NOT let me change the spec. I asked about adding something to next build (SAS) and was told no unless I wanted to pay the new pricing, etc. I declined as I'm happy that in the end I have coils after driving loaners for two months with coils. My big concern was my driveway and in the two month wait, the city came and patched the overly deep gutter.

• Informative
Reactions: xborg