TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My aluminium mirror brackets are severely corroded... anyone else?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Emcsquared, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Emcsquared

Emcsquared Member

Hey guys,

I recently acquired my 2012 MS P85 Sig Edition which I absolutely love.

However, it is currently in the shop getting some work done, and the techs found the drivers and passenger mirror brackets are severely corroded and are saying they should be replaced. Has anyone found this happening to theirs?

Photos attached.

Thanks!

IMG_3464.JPG IMG_3465.JPG IMG_3464.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Always in Ludicrous mode

Looks like corrosion from dissimilar metals personally I think tesla should pay for this repair as its likely due to the lack of proper protection between these metals which is a design flaw.

3. dabbler

dabbler Member

Tesla needs to address this issue with a "campaign" to replace under warranty. Imagine one of these failing while driving. This is and easy fix if done correctly!

4. macguitar

macguitar Member

Yes, this was a problem (with a solution!) I remember reading about a while ago. Searching for prior posts is the most effective and efficient thing to do before you post a problem, but I did the search for you and found this. Hope it helps:
    Corroding side view mirror brackets on norwegian cars