TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My battery completely died, and had to be replaced...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mcornwell, Feb 19, 2013.

1. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Well, it was in my ICE vehicle, since I never drive it now that I have the Model S. :)

I bought a replacement on Sears website, and went to pick it up at their automotive center. When I pulled up, I got lots of oohs and ahs by the guys working there, who for the most part, had no idea what it was. The interesting comments I got...

One guy must have known the specs, and told a co-worker, because I heard someone tell someone else, "You gotta see this, it's zero emissions, but it has a 4.4", which I assume he was confusing 0-60 time for the size of a non-existent engine size???

A hard of hearing 60 something year old customer said "All the way from England, huh?". "Actually, it's not a Jaguar, it's a 100% electric Tesla, made in Northern California". "So, it's a Lexus?" "No, ELECTRIC...".

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, back when I still had an ICE car, I learned the hard way to take it out of the garage occasionally. When the forecast turned to snow I figured I better take the ICE... but the 12V battery had drained and bricked. So I ended up racing out with the Roadster to get a new battery before the snow started (no snow tires!). Seemed weird to be loading a lead-acid battery into the trunk.

3. Toasty

Toasty Member

had the same problem the other day, but our local sears auto center actually installed blink chargers.

[​IMG]

They are putting them across the country

[​IMG]