Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Blacked out Green MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I think I am about finished. Just a few little differences from what you did. Just trying to figure out the rear emblems, may plastidip or de-badge. Here are some pictures:

DSC01279.jpg
DSC01283.jpg
DSC01287.jpg

Still haven't decided, huh? Mine should arrive in 2 weeks or so. If you haven't sorted it out by then let me know. I could you out for a little longer ride if you think it'll help.

already at 2 weeks? How exciting. Start the countdown! Have you checked off all the prep items on your list?

-- and I might just take you up on your very kind offer for a ride --

rsampsonjr, hey I recognize that car!!! :)...looks great. So with the emblems remember they are just attached by double sided tape. I had the front one plasti dipped and the rear one he actually painted the sides black and then wrapped the front (if you can call it that) with CF....Did you also go the two-tone route on the side view mirrors (CF on the very outer chrome piece, matte black on the inside connected to the trim around the door)? I think breaking it up looks great, although likely great all matte black. I also had the bottom of the nose cone painted to match the car, huge improvement IMO. here are a couple pics:

10406604924_2f21aec44e.jpg

10406772943_c7860d87d4.jpg

10406598434_0f3a84465a.jpg

Glad to have been an inspiration to any green machines out there (remember that big wheel? loved that thing growing up)

BTW, recently got the Rial Lugano's back after powder coating with Michelin X-Ice Xi3's for my winter tires...

10797708936_a64c9195ce.jpg

10742744843_1b43de8d6a.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, CF on the mirrors along with black. My black isn't matte though. I also have CF on the front lip, the sides, and rear, essentially anything below where the green stops is CF, except for the rear valance chrome which is now black. I got black wheels locks from Tesla and they now sell black lug nut covers (at least the service center sold them to me) which I purchased too.

Here you can so they cf on the front and side:
DSC01288.jpg

Here you can see the mirror:
DSC01289.jpg

I blacked-out my chrome around the windows and want to do the door handles. I currently have just the outer surface covered but want to totally wrap the handles. Any info on how the handles were wrapped? (I.e., one piece or two and if two, how do the pieces overlap or join-up?)

The blacked out chrome looks great. What's a ballpark price for wrapping all the chrome?

Not much, depends on the type of wrap, i think the chrome pieces were $200-300 bucks, the CF wrap pieces cost more b/c the CF wrap cost more. Total wrap job I think was $750ish

- - - Updated - - -

I blacked-out my chrome around the windows and want to do the door handles. I currently have just the outer surface covered but want to totally wrap the handles. Any info on how the handles were wrapped? (I.e., one piece or two and if two, how do the pieces overlap or join-up?)

My installer did a pretty good job I felt. the 'seam' is on the inside of the handle, towards the bottom. I believe he used on piece of wrap, that he cut as he wrapped that handle...and you don't feel the seam because the part of the wrap piece coming underneath the door handle is under the pieced folded over the top, so you don't really feel it.