Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My blind spots.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to suggest an improvement to the cute graphics on the dashboard.

#1 Although it's nice to see the car icons match the real world, I'd like it if my tesla icon (avatar!) were moved up on the display so that the display would show 2-3 car lengths behind and beside me, so that it would show cars in my blind spots. The car knows what cars are in my blind spots, because it won't change lanes in AP if it senses a car there. The yellow and white "feelers" are fine for displaying curbs, but they are too quick and too subtle to use for blind spot detection for cars. Although not as nice looking, a top down "radar view" might be a nice option.

#2 I would like it if insane/ludicrous and ranges mode were written at the top of the dashboard in the same way that valet and chill modes are written. Sometimes I forget to take these modes off.

#3 I would like to see the actual cabin temperature displayed somewhere in HVAC control panel. Currently this is only available by looking at the phone app.

• Love
Reactions: lunitiks
Blind spot warnings are coming, it's in the code, it's just not activated yet, no idea how they'll display it yet, but it's coming.
I was driving the other day in my non-Autopilot car and was turning into the slower lane when my steering tugged me back into my lane and there were a few warning beeps as a car undertook me,

:)Good enough for me.

You can eliminate the blind spots by setting up your mirrors correctly. There's plenty of sources documenting how to properly do this, here's one: How To Eliminate The Dreaded "Blind Spot"

I tried this and found i couldnt see lane splitting motorcyclists coming from behind me while there is medium to heavy traffic.

I need the side mirrors pointing aft enough to see the lane lines on both sides of me.

No matter the position, it creates a blind spot.

Reactions: P-town_P85
I tried this and found i couldnt see lane splitting motorcyclists coming from behind me while there is medium to heavy traffic.

I need the side mirrors pointing aft enough to see the lane lines on both sides of me.

No matter the position, it creates a blind spot.
Hmm... it works perfectly fine for me - the moment an object starts disappearing in the rear view mirror I can see it immediately in the left-side one - kind of like moving the content in the multi-screen setup from one monitor to the next.

Reactions: Superendo
Hmm... it works perfectly fine for me - the moment an object starts disappearing in the rear view mirror I can see it immediately in the left-side one - kind of like moving the content in the multi-screen setup from one monitor to the next.

But you cant see a motorclyclists lane splitting a few cars back. If they are going a lot faster than traffic, its vital you see them before making a lane change or whatever.

If you drive in a city with a lot of bikers lane splitting you would understand

9CC2E5B2-7813-401E-BA9F-BEC139C69D7C.png
Try seeing how far back you can see the lane lines next time your on the freeway.

In order to see far back you need your mirrors set up “incorrectly”.