Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Browser Isn't Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.....my browser works flawlessly.......on my phone, or laptop that is. In my S not so much so I never use it. Huge waste of time and I bet it has to do with the data provided by at&t and how what speed they provide. I rarely have more than 2 bars of LTE even if I'm next to an at&t tower. On wifi it does work better but still a waste of time.

• Funny
Reactions: jrleyva23
FWIW I had the same issue yesterday, AP1/MCU1 MX. I never use the browser but wanted to check it out. Currently on 32.2.1 and had not booted the car since the update. Complete white screen and it would not respond to any URL (LTE). I just did a simple scroll wheel reboot and the browser worked fine after that. In fact I was surprised how well it worked.

Not sure how long this will last though based on some of the upthread reports.

2015 MS w/ MCU1 here, v9 2018.50.6. Browser has always been glacially slow, although an update 1 year ago (v8.1 2018.14.2) did improve it ever so marginally. I swear an old teletype machine prints a page of text significantly faster than the MS browser responds to a URL and renders the simplest of pages. But I digress.

Ever since v9, my browser will work for a few days and then stop. i.e select favorite URL or try to type a URL on the screen and zero response, the progress bar doesn't even appear. Reboot is required to bring the browser back to (so-called) life.

I've tried the easter egg sketchpad trick to hide the map, but I don't notice any particular speed improvement in browsing nor any change in this v9-crash-or-lock-up-every-couple-days behaviour.

Absolutely perfect and correct. Rebooting using the steering wheel got the browser working again !

Absolutely perfect and correct. Rebooting using the steering wheel got the browser working again !
I have used Both methods of rebooting (with & without holding the brake pedal, for Both screens)
And as of 10/09/19, I still don't have a browser, or the owner's manual & release notes, for the last three firmware updates.
I have contacted Service and am currently waiting for their assistance.
They said they would pull the logs and check them out.

v9.0 (32.11.1 d39e85a) 02 Oct 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

v9.0 (32.2.2 da05838) 17 Sept 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

v9.0 (28.3.1 f9e95acd) 26 Aug 2019, 32,661 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

2015 MCU-1, Tech package, AP1
And,, Yes, I have used Both methods of rebooting (with & without holding the brake pedal, for Both screens)
And as of 11/09/19, I still don't have a browser, or the owner's manual & release notes, for the last 5 firmware updates.
I have contacted Service and am currently still waiting for their assistance.
They said they would pull the logs and check them out.

Just downloaded a new firmware tonight and as usual, I still don't have release notes.
Also, the owners manual & browser will not load.
I checked on reddit and the details aren't listed yet, so does anyone know what is in this release?

v10.0 (32.12.7 58f3b76) 09 Oct 2019, 33,702 Miles - WiFi, In Car,
Added Maps NA-2019-20-10487
NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser

v10.0 (32.11.1 d39e85a) 02 Oct 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

v9.0 (32.2.2 da05838) 17 Sept 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

v9.0 (28.3.1 f9e95acd) 26 Aug 2019, 32,661 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes

One of the members here that has root access, (can’t recall who) posted that somehow pulling up the energy graph for a moment before using the browser helped because the energy graph cleared or freed up memory from a cache somehow. I know I’m not explain very well but at the time of his post it made sense ;)
I have tried it and in combination with the sketchpad trick it worked as well as one can expect.
That being said I’ve given up on it for the most part. I can find something faster easier with my phone than I can fool with car browser for 10 damn minutes.