Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car Camping Setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently camped in my new-to-me Model S using a setup that I originally used in my 1st gen Mazdaspeed3, and I found it to be pretty comfortable.

For the bed, I used this inflatable mattress and a portable 120V Coleman inflator and a Jackery power unit for the bed.

To fill the space at the rear lip I used two of these moving blankets as suggested in another thread (though I now see they are way cheaper at Harbor Freight).

For the head space, I created two platforms from PVC and placed them in the rear seat footwells. If you're interested in details on the platform, let me know. I have the front seats all the way forward, with a profile set for that position (be sure to deactivate key fob association with your normal profile!).

I covered the side windows with these screens and I use a normal windshield sunshade. Everything stores inside a 56 qt. Sterilite box. It does not fit in the subtrunk, nor the frunk, so I might try a different box.

I end up with access to the subtrunk, though somewhat impeded. The view from the inside looks like this:

A778732D-1DAF-415F-ACCB-2489BCB9C041_1_105_c.jpeg

It's very roomy. I slept comfortably in my MS3 with my wife and this has even more space. An advantage over the MS3 is that I can get in and out from the rear hatch, which I can open and close remotely, making things WAY easier.