Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car doesn’t turn off at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I’m at home, my car doesn’t turn off until I go to plug it in. We get home and all exit the car, but it stays on. Music playing, headlights on, the whole deal. As soon as I hit the button on the charger to open the charge port the car immediately shuts off. A second press of the button actually opens the charge port.

I think this started happening when I set the car doors to not lock upon departure at home (or however they phrase it). Has anyone else noticed this?

It will time out. If you don't plug it in and just go inside, you'll see it turn off after a timeout. I don't believe you can modify this timeout value. It used to happen before since you locked as the car and it knows you have no intent of going back in. I guess it could detect no seat is occupied and all car door are closed....that would be nice....

two things: always on/connected might be wigging out when it swaps to your wifi, which im gonna assume you might have set up?

a bad sensor on the door trigger? unheard of by me personally but not out of the realm.
I don’t think it’s a bad sensor because the interior lights do what they do when the door is closed.

Next time I drive I won’t plug it in and I’ll see how long it takes to turn off. The annoying thing is my kids keep running in and telling me my car is on.