Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car is gone...:/

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P+, Black, White interior, Heathrow delivery up for the next one in the queue...

No reservation, ordered on 26th of June...I had a stable VIN in the sourcecode from beginning of July...and now a delivery date of 12th August....all perfect....except for my holidays from tomorrow to 25th of August.

Got the call today from Tesla and no chance to keep the car until the 25th....now I can see a second credit note in my account with all values with () and that means...back to square 1.

They didn't commit on any date for the next car to be available...but unfortunately I have to do my own decision by the end of the month as I won't have a car from 1st of Sept....so it's either another miracle...or I'll see you guys in a few years and I'll go back to the germans (in stock..)

Sad story.

Just to make all of this even more irritating I now got a text to say "We are exicted to deliver your Tesla shortly! Your registration will be notifified 24hours prior..."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Gutted. This whole delivery thing is weird. It's like they keep you in the dark and then magically spring it on you with 3 days notice and you've got a tiny window of opportunity to get it before they take it away again. If the timeframe from order to delivery for mine is the same as yours, I'll be on holiday too. That won't happen to me though, I'll still be on this thread in 2020.........

Reactions: Roy W.
Sorry to hear this however I would be surprised if you have to wait very long at all as there are 2 ships at sea at present and a 3rd about to load up. From the VIN no allocation it would appear that there are lots of RHD cars likely to be aboard these ships.
The Glovis Champion should arrive Zeebrugge on 15 August, SFL Conductor on 26 August and Glovis Cosmos around 2 September.
We are definitely not in the siuation we were in earlier this year with no deliveries in sight.

Sorry to hear this however I would be surprised if you have to wait very long at all as there are 2 ships at sea at present and a 3rd about to load up. From the VIN no allocation it would appear that there are lots of RHD cars likely to be aboard these ships.
The Glovis Champion should arrive Zeebrugge on 15 August, SFL Conductor on 26 August and Glovis Cosmos around 2 September.
We are definitely not in the siuation we were in earlier this year with no deliveries in sight.

Excellent!! Love Reading your posts, keep up the good work. It's bloody reassuring to know.

How the hell you know these things....who cares. Just glad you know !

• Funny
Reactions: Gareth Davies
An illness it is. You don't know half of it.
Checking your account webpage's source code for the hidden VIN allocation, and confirmation that Tesla have received your cash - it's sick!
All caused by a complete lack of communication from Tesla. When you order your M3 you get told an expected delivery date that "everybody" knows is complete nonsense and totally unachieveable. They don't answer their phones and emails will get answered several days later with glib responses telling you they will be in touch when your car is ready. One day out of the blue you get an email to say your car's delivery window will be the end of August. Then just as you are on your way to the airport on your annual holiday you get a text to say come and collect your car next Tuesday. You try calling them to reschedule - no answer. You email them - no reply. And then you read from a guy in the same situation as you that he has "lost" his car because he didn't cancel his holiday. It makes me sick!

P+, Black, White interior, Heathrow delivery up for the next one in the queue...

No reservation, ordered on 26th of June...I had a stable VIN in the sourcecode from beginning of July...and now a delivery date of 12th August....all perfect....except for my holidays from tomorrow to 25th of August.

Got the call today from Tesla and no chance to keep the car until the 25th....now I can see a second credit note in my account with all values with () and that means...back to square 1.

They didn't commit on any date for the next car to be available...but unfortunately I have to do my own decision by the end of the month as I won't have a car from 1st of Sept....so it's either another miracle...or I'll see you guys in a few years and I'll go back to the germans (in stock..)

Sad story.

Just to make all of this even more irritating I now got a text to say "We are exicted to deliver your Tesla shortly! Your registration will be notifified 24hours prior..."
I can’t imagine how you must feel. Well, I probably can a little, because just reading about your plight made me feel a little sick in my stomach.

It just shows that holidays are bad for you! (Only kidding).

Please don’t cancel. There are other options for you. Look at a hire car for when your own car goes at the end of the month. Europcar can do one on a 28 day rental for about £350 a month.

Tesla won’t have committed to a date because they just don’t do that. Nobody knows anything. But just as @Mr Miserable says, once the bulk of the backlog is cleared there will be hardly any wait. Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 person
I’m on holiday 29th aug - 8th sept, ordered 25th July. At the time I thought it would be end of the year delivery if I’m lucky based on what a few other model s owners told me to expect. Looking at Andic’s dates I can see me having this exact scenario too if they really are shipping this quickly even to those late to the party with no reservation.

I suppose I have to hope my car is on champion so it might arrive before holiday (very unlikely) or cosmos which I *might* be back in time for.... annoying but then I went into this with low expectations on delivery timing and also I don’t have a time constraint.... don’t like the idea of being offered a car and missing it though, I’ve never experienced that! Car I’m waiting on is red/white/fsd/p+

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
There are other options for you. Look at a hire car for when your own car goes at the end of the month. Europcar can do one on a 28 day rental for about £350 a month.

If my car sells before I get my delivery notification I'm planning to buy a £200 banger with 6months MOT. There's a car breakers down the road from Tesla's Edinburgh service centre where I'll drop the car off and hopefully get £50-£100 back :)

I order M3 Long-range for my wife in May and am still waiting. Was June, then July - currently end August. We are just being patient - I know Tesla are having trouble keeping up with demand. The old 2004 Merc E-class is being used in the mean time, but that is life. I know the M3 will be great when it at last arrives.

+1 to all those with holiday/car collection clashes.

I had a phone call near the end of July to tell me that my car would be with me between the 7th and 20th of August.
I told them I was going on holiday between the 12th and the 18th and then the person on the phone said 'well, I guess we'll see what happens late August then'.

And that was it. Last bit of communication I've had.

I leave for holiday tomorrow and am fully expecting a call/text/email/flippin'-source-code-pigeon to tell me that I have 24 hours to collect my car or I'll lose it.

It's a farce. Honestly... And the fact that some people here don't seem to want to recognise the distress and stress it is causing some people is so strange to me. I've literally read posts from people saying that so-and-so, 'doesn't deserve a Tesla if they want to cancel' or 'you obviously don't care enough'. That's bananas!

At least we should all be able to recognise - as (prospective or current) fans of Tesla - the brand damage and alienation it's doing? I am reading messages every day from people saying that they're annoyed and angry with Tesla and whilst for some it may feel a lot like a 'first world problem' and people 'throwing their toys out of the pram', it's enough to cause an irreparable brand relationship between customer and company.

And that worries me because I *am* a Tesla fanboy. I've saved and worked for years to be able to afford my Model 3 SR+, and I don't want the future of my ownership jeopardised because the bad service and complaints have got so bad that people are no longer supporting Tesla as company.

(Sorry, I've had a coffee!)

It is a real PITA at the moment, but give it six months for the air to settle and I think Tesla sales will be bending over backwards to accommodate customers’ holidays and other arrangements.

I know that doesn’t help us now, but hopefully future customers will benefit.

My delivery slot is 26 Aug - 02 Sep, but we go away for a week on 07 Sep, so I only need a slight delay and I too will be spitting feathers.

I really love the model 3 and I was totally sold to the idea (I don't have a charger at home or at the office but I am ok to compromise...)

Losing a car that has been delivered because I can't collect in 10 days is beyond any reasons...I wonder what happens if the car you get has some defects...customer service is way too important when buying an expensive car.

If Tesla won't improve that it won't be long before Audi/Mercedes/BMW will get back to lead also on electric cars..!

I am really hoping that I'll get another delivery date before mid Sept...I don't want to spend even more time to have a temporary car because of Tesla..I love it..but it is a car at the end of the day (and one that costs 55k...)