Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car Seems Slower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either your battery is colder, or your state of charge is lower, or you have gotten used to it. Some combination of those. No, they have not lowered the speed with software updates. I have the exact same model btw, a 2018 M3P, and it has felt slower to me for quite some time, but whenever I punch it with someone else in the car they almost freak out, every time, if they havent ridden in one before.

Either your battery is colder, or your state of charge is lower, or you have gotten used to it. Some combination of those. No, they have not lowered the speed with software updates. I have the exact same model btw, a 2018 M3P, and it has felt slower to me for quite some time, but whenever I punch it with someone else in the car they almost freak out, every time, if they havent ridden in one before.
yeah you're probably right that makes sense it does have the pucker factor to guests in the car.

I second all of this. I have had my M3P since Sept 2020, and I think our bodies get a bit used to it and you subconsciously adjust to the forces, making it not feel as dramatic as it once did.

Until recently I had never ridden shotgun in my car, but then let my dad drive it and do a full launch from stop. It put my stomach in my throat! Totally different experience not being behind the wheel.

I second all of this. I have had my M3P since Sept 2020, and I think our bodies get a bit used to it and you subconsciously adjust to the forces, making it not feel as dramatic as it once did.

Until recently I had never ridden shotgun in my car, but then let my dad drive it and do a full launch from stop. It put my stomach in my throat! Totally different experience not being behind the wheel.

I had a similar experience late 2019 when I let a co worker "drive my car around the corner". This co worker had auto cross experience, and is a good driver, so I encouraged her to "go for it" on the launch. I had been driving my car for a year at that point and was used to it, but not being behind the wheel (and thus not in control of the car), made it a whole different experience.

You're probably just getting used to it unless you have some times to back up that claim.

Do this. Drive an ICE car for a week, trust me I drove my wife's C300 for a few days and it felt broken lol I don't know how to explain the feeling. Hopped back in my M3P and it's blistering fast again!

Reactions: NJP3
You're probably just getting used to it unless you have some times to back up that claim.

Do this. Drive an ICE car for a week, trust me I drove my wife's C300 for a few days and it felt broken lol I don't know how to explain the feeling. Hopped back in my M3P and it's blistering fast again!

Same! I drove my pickup truck for the first time in several weeks and seriously thought the transmission was slipping and I wasn't getting any power. LOL

Reactions: NJP3