Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car The autopilot feature was disabled after the last upgrade version 2020.48.37.8.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
My tesla model S 2014 autopilot feature is disable after the last upgrade during Christmas 2021( version 2020.48.37.8.
I have contacted the service team and they want to charge me $901.01 to fix the issue.
This is not right to me. the upgrade has been pushed automatic to my car and now I have to pay to fix something that tesla software team has forgotten to check for backward compatible on older model.

Has anyone had the same issue and how did you fix it?

how do I complain to Tesla?

thank you,
Michael

They said that all my sensor need to be re-calibrated :
1642787900889.png

That build is more than a year old. Did you try recalibrating the camera yourself? If that option is available in AP1 cars, it would be under Controls > Service.

As the previous reply noted, your quote includes new hardware, so the fact that the problem occurred after an update might be coincidental. I agree that if it was a software update problem, you shouldn’t have to pay.

the autopilot was working fine before the upgrade but after the upgrade, it went disabled.
I have tried all the resets possible. the radar detector can detect the line and object just for a few seconds went to switch to the drive mode and start moving.
then it went back to disable.

the autopilot was working fine before the upgrade but after the upgrade, it went disabled.
I have tried all the resets possible. the radar detector can detect the line and object just for a few seconds went to switch to the drive mode and start moving.
then it went back to disable.

Has anyone seen this issue before and how to fix it?