Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car Thinks I Live at Home Depot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a complaint. More of a humorous mistake of the voice navigation. On at least the last 10 software builds up to what I have now (20.40.8), every time I ask the car to "Drive to Home Depot", it understands me perfectly and displays the text of precisely what I said, yet navigates to my home instead. "Navigate to Home Depot", nope, we are going home. "Go to Home Depot", sorry we are going home. :rolleyes: "Find Home Depot", hey you have enough tools at home; we are going there :p

HOWEVER, of interest if I just say "Home Depot", that works !!! So now I got in the habit of just saying the name of the destination and not giving it a directive. Interesting.

Not a complaint. More of a humorous mistake of the voice navigation. On at least the last 10 software builds up to what I have now (20.40.8), every time I ask the car to "Drive to Home Depot", it understands me perfectly and displays the text of precisely what I said, yet navigates to my home instead. "Navigate to Home Depot", nope, we are going home. "Go to Home Depot", sorry we are going home. :rolleyes: "Find Home Depot", hey you have enough tools at home; we are going there :p

HOWEVER, of interest if I just say "Home Depot", that works !!! So now I got in the habit of just saying the name of the destination and not giving it a directive. Interesting.
Interesting that you have navigated to Home Depot several times, yet you still don't know the way and have need of navigation to get you there?:D

Interesting that you have navigated to Home Depot several times, yet you still don't know the way and have need of navigation to get you there?:D
Yes funny. But I guess you haven't considered that I am getting paid to test the voice nav in this area ;)
There are so many quirky little things like this. I just mentioned one. YET, it works great most of the time.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
You want another good one..... about a year ago, the wife and I were going to find a Mustang dealer. She has always wanted one. We said something like "Find a Mustang Dealer". Know where it wanted to take us? The Mustang Ranch. Right, the house of prostitution :eek:

You want another good one..... about a year ago, the wife and I were going to find a Mustang dealer. She has always wanted one. We said something like "Find a Mustang Dealer". Know where it wanted to take us? The Mustang Ranch. Right, the house of prostitution :eek:
Best not to try the command "take me to Bill Gates house" lest it take you to the pearly gates?:D

It would have been even funnier (?) had you gone there...and picked up a job application.

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert