Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car was stolen without the key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, you're worried about the car being stolen? You do know that you drive a Tesla? One of the hardest to steal vehicles around?
I brought my model x to my local dealer for a windshield replacement and some recall repairs last Thursday. I get a call today from CHP that my car was found under a freeway. Apparently someone was able to steal my car without having the key. Tesla dealership says they are investigating. Can’t wait to see what they find out.

I brought my model x to my local dealer for a windshield replacement and some recall repairs last Thursday. I get a call today from CHP that my car was found under a freeway. Apparently someone was able to steal my car without having the key. Tesla dealership says they are investigating. Can’t wait to see what they find out.
First post from a brand-new account? Not sketchy at *all*...

On top of it, the first post was about a Model X in the Model 3 forum.
Perhaps his X3 was stolen?
162113CE-5DE2-48CF-A2B7-8A88092A5D54.jpeg

First mistake is he left it with his dealer and not the service center.
You do not need a key to drive, it drives its self
With all the Tesla models it easy to make a mistake.
I knew this new UI for the forum would be trouble.
First post should always include misalignment somewhere.
Speeding ticket or beer gets you extra points.
Always include a tire question, volume, and wind.
We love pictures, them more the better.
Year model color.
Is you partner happy with performance.
I really need a beer.
Maybe butt dialed a return home command.

Last edited:
As silly as this thread is, it does seem inevitable that people will figure this out (I haven't looked, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already). Getting it mainstream or easy to access for the type of person who would want to steal a car is a much less likely thing without Tesla getting in the way and releasing a fix of some kind to prevent it.

I think I am far more concerned about their privacy/data protection and what a data leak might look like.