Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car went into pre-production. What does that mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does that mean? How long until it goes into production? How long is production? Im in Florida, how long is delivery?
whats my estimated delivery date?

VIN 123XX
Model X 60D
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint 20" Silver Wheels
Black Leather Seats Dark Ash Wood Décor Front Console
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features Premium Upgrades Package Smart Air Suspension.

I'm still in pre-production too from my March 70d order and expecting late September or early October delivery. To confuse you further, my vin is 117xx.

Wow you're still in pre production from a march order? Does that mean those of us with recent orders probably won't get ours till later as well? My wife and I just preorders the X60D seven seater and they are saying delivery will be around that time too.. The excitement is killing me!!

Wow you're still in pre production from a march order? Does that mean those of us with recent orders probably won't get ours till later as well? My wife and I just preorders the X60D seven seater and they are saying delivery will be around that time too.. The excitement is killing me!!

Yeah, I'm hoping I'm an anomaly, but also somewhat frustrated, as there are many reports in the August deliveries thread of X75's with similar (but not exact) configurations as mine that are taking delivery. What's worse is they have VINs that are higher or very near to mine, and about half of them ordered after me. I'm just hoping I get a special surprise AP hardware upgrade for my patience.

It doesn't help that my DS is not being very useful in providing info - just the usual canned excuses. I'd like to elevate the matter, but I dont' think it's that far out of whack that I have a serious argument to make, yet....

If it makes you feel any better, the delivery time for a Morgan (iconic British
sportscar) used to be 7 years. They've got it down to about a year now.
Admittedly, no robots are involved in their manufacture.