Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if anyone has thought to ask but with summer temps coming up for most of us Model 3 owners now for the first time and cars, especially those not using cabin overheat protection, how should we expect the various 3D printer products to hold up in these temp conditions?
You should use cabin overheat to protect your tablet. If temps are so hot you’re worried about 3D items melted you should definitely be worried about your tablet. It’s not worth saving ten cents of electricity.

You should use cabin overheat to protect your tablet. If temps are so hot you’re worried about 3D items melted you should definitely be worried about your tablet. It’s not worth saving ten cents of electricity.

Thanks. I have been using COP on both our cars ever since it was available. Since our cars are parked outside in the sun just picked up a HeatShield sunshade for the windshield as well. Also have Tesla’s front roof sunshade. Should lessen the heat inside a bit, making it easier on the battery range and AC and it puts the dash area in shade. I had seen tests of 3D items in heat situations and depending on the type can yield very different results when hot. Asked because I didn’t know what my inserts were made of and we haven’t had super hot weather yet.

But yes since I plan to keep my car the electricity usage during summer will take a bit more of a bite out of the wallet. Solar/battery pack will be next big “accessory”!

Got some time to catch up today. Here is the picture of the center console this morning with the completed dash and door trim:

20190712_093607.jpg

Thanks for the offers to buy my dash but it is the only one I have. Sorry.
Note that this is vinyl and not real wood. Any good wrap place and can do this for you.

I do like this classic look a lot. But my wife doesn't care for it. "Too old fashioned for this car."
Oh well, I am playing with a more modern look in the next version.

On another note, an update on the kids' project.
They never could make contact with their charity at Casa Mantay and I would not let them send the check without verifying where the money is going. So we agreed to find a local charity. In June, they made their first $10k donation to the www.thirstproject.org. Needless to say, we are pretty proud of the kids for the work they have done.

Also, their Amazon listing is finally up with the first of hopefully many more items:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Tes...&pd_rd_r=87b7409c-7092-4e18-bcd8-8784c73716b7

I do need some help:
If you have bought one, please leave a review.
If you need a sunglasses tray, consider buying ours and then leave a review.
If you know of anyone needing one, please refer.
It is the best designed and best built one out there.

How we allocate our resources for future projects will depend on how well these sells.
Thanks again for all the support.

CJ

Last edited:
@chojn1,

Just left an exemplary review of both this product you linked as well as ALL your products as I’ve purchased one of everything and as I’ve told you before they’re all outstanding.
Kudos on Coby’s first donation!!! So proud! Glad I got in on the ground floor and will continue to support in anyway I can now and in the future!:) (S. West on the review)! Amazon says may take a few days to review/approve/post.

Ski

• Love
Reactions: chojn1
On another note, an update on the kids' project.
They never could make contact with their charity at Casa Mantay and I would not let them send the check without verifying where the money is going. So we agreed to find a local charity. In June, they made their first $10k donation to the www.thirstproject.org. Needless to say, we are pretty proud of the kids for the work they have done.

Also, their Amazon listing is finally up with the first of hopefully many more items:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Tes...&pd_rd_r=87b7409c-7092-4e18-bcd8-8784c73716b7

I do need some help:
If you have bought one, please leave a review.
If you need a sunglasses tray, consider buying ours and then leave a review.
If you know of anyone needing one, please refer.
It is the best designed and best built one out there.

How we allocate our resources for future projects will depend on how well these sells.
Thanks again for all the support.

CJ

Purchased. I don't normally review, but will when it comes in.

Allocate resources to future products, please. ;)

• Love
Reactions: chojn1