Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want it all.

Be careful what you ask for. We're not quite finished.
Synthetic leather?
leatherette.jpg

wow! that's cool. How do you think it will hold up in respects to cleanup, scratches etc...

Not sure yet. But my car is about to go through the summer in south Texas - the ultimate torture test. I would think it will hold up just as well as the rest of the synthetic leather in the car. Also, it is easily reversible should I damage it or just want a new look.

I am really enjoying the soft supple feel of the faux-inthian leather compared to the finger print magnet piano black.

The other option was synthetic suede to match the door panels, but on a flat surface like that, it could collect a lot of dirt.

Hi @SDKoala ,

Thanks for your concern and advise. We did broach the topic early on, but Coby was not interested in a for profit company. He is at a stage in his life where he is not yet concerned about bringing home the paycheck. And, I am perfectly happy to nurture that altruistic side of him. If he actually make any significant money from this project than so much better for his cause.

As far as setting price for the products, there is a balance between fair price based on cost and what the market will bear. While I agree with you that his price point is too low, I am trying hard not to interfere with his and his collaborator's decision process. Right now, all materials and equipments are donated by his dad. It would be interesting to see how their business plan change once they have to reinvest their own proceeds to grow the company.

Again, thanks for the support.
CJ

Hi @chojn1 , I just ordered my Model 3 and would love to be on the list for this. PMing you now. Is there a website where we can see the options. I do like the single glass tray with coins or pens and the availabity for tissues.

BTW nice attitude towards the altruistic side but maybe he should consider if he makes some level of profit off of it he could donate that to a cause he is passionate in and help more people out.

Last edited:
Reactions: emorog
Hi @chojn1 , I just ordered my Model 3 and would love to be on the list for this. PMing you now. Is there a website where we can see the options. I do like the single glass tray with coins or pens and the availabity for tissues.

BTW nice attitude towards the altruistic side but maybe he should consider if he makes some level of profit off of it he could donate that to a cause he is passionate in and help more people out.

Hi @SMAlset,

You are on the list just by posting here.
The kids are cranking them out as fast as they can.
They are going down the list chronologically as soon as they have enough for immediate shipping.
Web site is almost finished. Will post next week.
The project is run by volunteers. No salary.
All proceeds (profit and any startup contributions he received) go to his charity.

Thanks for the support,
CJ

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and SMAlset
I’m interested in the sunglasses tray. Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Hi @SMAlset,

You are on the list just by posting here.
The kids are cranking them out as fast as they can.
They are going down the list chronologically as soon as they have enough for immediate shipping.
Web site is almost finished. Will post next week.
The project is run by volunteers. No salary.
All proceeds (profit and any startup contributions he received) go to his charity.

Thanks for the support,
CJ

I PM’d you a while back. I’ll take one of everything when it is my turn. Thanks!