Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have my 3 yet and I’m not sure which items your son is actually selling, but I’d be in for the Sunglasses holder, the drink inserts, the Qi charger/horizontal phone holders, and the center console covering material. Would love to know what the price would be for all those, thanks!

Reactions: chojn1
Hi CJ, I was just able to send you a message, if you could source the "fabric" material in the door insert to cover the dash (large black plastic above the trim piece).

Also driving at night I noticed the cabin is dark (except for the screen glow) and the steering wheel and controls are completely in the dark. It would be nice if there is a soft glow that can be dimmed per taste from behind the wood panel ?

Hi @Shopaholic,
The suede on that dash part would look very nice. But, suede on a horizontal surface tend to collect dirt. I had some on the piano black canter console last month. While it looks and feels really nice, I have to constantly clean it.

Hi. Does the sunglasses tray accommodate larger framed sunglasses that maybe don't fold very flat? Like the larger framed Maui Jim's?

Can you please put me on your list for:
1- sunglass holder with below access
2- both cup holder inserts
3- phone holder
4- the lambskin console cover

Thanks!

Not a problem with larger sunglasses.

Question for you: The application of the lambskin takes a lot of work to get just right around the cupholders. It requires a heat gun/hair dryer to bend the edges and an exacto knife to trim the excess. That is what I have on my car.

A second option is to cut the lambskin wider around the cupholder. Doing so would leave a small rim of piano black and the lambskin edge showing around the cupholders but make the install a whole lot easier.

Which option do you prefer?
Thanks,

CJ

Can you share a bit more details about your 3d printer? I've been considering one and this looks really nice. Do you like it? Good speed? Is the design somewhere you can link to? Nice work on the trays!

Our main printer is a custom cartesian we built ourselves in our shop. We built it for size and speed (Duet Wifi electronics, with a 460x560mm bed, a volcano E3D extruder and a 0.8 mm nozzle).

But you can get similar results with most commercially available printers just not at our speed. I would start with one of these kits if this is your first 3D printer.