Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a problem with larger sunglasses.

Question for you: The application of the lambskin takes a lot of work to get just right around the cupholders. It requires a heat gun/hair dryer to bend the edges and an exacto knife to trim the excess. That is what I have on my car.

A second option is to cut the lambskin wider around the cupholder. Doing so would leave a small rim of piano black and the lambskin edge showing around the cupholders but make the install a whole lot easier.

Which option do you prefer?
Thanks,

CJ

Hi

Yes, the lambskin cut out, while maybe less "stock" looking than in your car is probably more to my skill level. Is the other option of the fake leather that you have used easier and more refined looking? If so, that would be a fine option for me too.

To avoid back-and-forth, I would accept whichever you think works best between the lambskin cut out, or the other fake leather option.

Thank you!

Reactions: chojn1
@chojn1 , hadn't been checking the thread for a while figuring the kids were pretty busy with summer, school coming up and these projects. Happy to see they got their 501c3 designation. Very cool what they are doing. Also noticed the website and catalog got posted in the meantime. Very nice and sharp professional design.

Since I saw someone post from mid-June that they got their items and I'm end of June, figured I'll be coming up soon so wanted to confirm what items I'd like to order since the catalog wasn't available before. Already listed 1) the sunglass tray with tissue area (guess you're calling it the 3/4 tray); and now see the catalog shows two kinds of cup holder inserts, so 2) two (2) of the Starbucks coffee inserts and two (2) of the water bottle ones; and 3) last item not mentioned before would be the bin. So glad you guys added that. I'm guessing with the 3/4 tray we can just drop things down and into the bin?

Hoping all the orders here help the guys reach their $10,000 goal. Lots of Model 3s being made to outfit! BTW loved the motorized fishing cart.

Reactions: chojn1
@chojn1 , hadn't been checking the thread for a while figuring the kids were pretty busy with summer, school coming up and these projects. Happy to see they got their 501c3 designation. Very cool what they are doing. Also noticed the website and catalog got posted in the meantime. Very nice and sharp professional design.

Since I saw someone post from mid-June that they got their items and I'm end of June, figured I'll be coming up soon so wanted to confirm what items I'd like to order since the catalog wasn't available before. Already listed 1) the sunglass tray with tissue area (guess you're calling it the 3/4 tray); and now see the catalog shows two kinds of cup holder inserts, so 2) two (2) of the Starbucks coffee inserts and two (2) of the water bottle ones; and 3) last item not mentioned before would be the bin. So glad you guys added that. I'm guessing with the 3/4 tray we can just drop things down and into the bin?

Hoping all the orders here help the guys reach their $10,000 goal. Lots of Model 3s being made to outfit! BTW loved the motorized fishing cart.

Thanks @SMAlset ,

I am pretty happy with the amount of work the kids got done this summer.
Things kind of slowed down a little bit with the start of school, but they are starting up again.

Anyway, with the batch this morning, all requests placed before 6/28 should be completed.
Anyone on the list before that date who have not received an invitation, please let me know.

Regarding the project, they have raised $3,570 thus far with the goal of $10,000.
They are having problem contacting their charity - Casa Mantay.
Apparently the emails they have are not being answered.
I'll let them keep trying the next few months via other channels, but if they can't get through, we will open up suggestions for a more local charity.

Regarding the motorized fishing cart, that thing is probably one of the more fun project from the shop.
It is a dual hub motor powered by a Lithium ion battery pack capable of 20 mile range at 20 mph.
We thought about making it remote controlled/autonomous but nixed the idea as it defeats the purpose of keeping my parents active. Pretty cool to hear my dad bragging to his fishing buddies about the cart his grandson built for him.

CJ