Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Color and Delivery Date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Past cars I have owned were white, black, and silver. The white and black paints were Mini and BMW, and I would say both showed equal amounts of scratches, dings, and other really irritating blemishes. The silver car was a Toyota, and it showed less marks, but I think that was just because it rode higher as an SUV and didn't get as many rocks hitting the front hood. I had a blue Toyota, and I really liked that color, but it kind of got dated a bit as the years went by. The only thing I can say at this point is that red is likely out simply because it costs more - otherwise, it's a really nice color for MY too. Getting a protective film on any of the cars sounds like the right idea for the water-solvent based paint jobs they have on MY. Will have to keep thinking it over - and now with the tax credit Green Act thing, I'm wondering when to actually order! Sucks to be so indecisive!!

New here. My MY SR is in Honolulu right now, and will be loaded on a boat Monday morning for delivery to me on the Big Island. IF it makes the Monday boat, I will have it by Thurs, otherwise it will be the week after. Things move slowwww here in HI. I started with blue... then changed it to red... then changed it to white (white interior, induction wheels) pretty funny, as I thought white was the last color I would ever choose. I had asked the local sales rep here about the red, and was told it was the hardest to maintain, and that white was the easiest. Maybe they just had a white one hanging around that they wanted to dump on me.... I live close to the ocean and there is no shortage of salty air and sun (no rain on my side of the island), so maybe that's what they are seeing here.... Anyway, WHITE. I have 70 solar panels on my roof and I am excited that I won't have to touch a gas pump. I am getting rid of a BMW 530e (carbon grey, just short of black)

I initially ordered a white SR MY with the black rims...the black and white contrast looked sharp especially since the trim is now black as well...I agree the pearl white is multi coat...however keep in mind that when you look closer at the vehicle the “second” coat is only applied to the outside areas of the car and therefore there is a slight “line” on the edges of each panel...sort of like the lines created after installing PPF on the panels without wrapping the PPF around...

We ended up rejecting that Model Y for some imperfections that were deemed not acceptable on a $50,000 car...and my wife took advantage of that situation and twisted my arm into switching to a black color...the black color with the black rims also looks ultra sharp...but I agree that black doesnt age as well as white...and it gets “dirty” faster...

Attachments

• C25CFFE2-EC21-4A3D-87DE-8957D94582EE.jpeg
    C25CFFE2-EC21-4A3D-87DE-8957D94582EE.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 41ED627C-919B-4E55-B670-D8229B3ED71D.jpeg
    41ED627C-919B-4E55-B670-D8229B3ED71D.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 80