Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My cpo 11/2015 P90DL, should I refuse delivery...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my car a week ago and have a delivery date of 4/17-4/18. I have been so excited about getting my P90DL but after searching and reading this forum, I am almost to the point where I want to just cancel it due to the battery crap I've been reading. If the car has a V1 battery should I just say the hell with it and refuse delivery? I am spending quite a bit of money on this car and feel like I'm getting a known lemon that won't perform like it's supposed to. I actually spent a little more for the 90 over the 85 because I drive a lot and wanted a little extra range plus I thought the ludicrous package would be fun to have.

When I get to Atlanta this week, the first thing I'm going to do is check the battery sticker and find out what battery Version I have. I am super new to Tesla so would someone that really knows the truth on this tell me what I should do if I find I have a V1 battery?

Sorry but I made some sacrifices to buy this car and I'm just sick after reading what I have.

FYI. I ordered and have version 1. I am almost afraid to ask what the issues are? I have had the car for 4 months and absolutely love it. Everything has been working fine. BTW the acceleration is sick. If you do the ludicrous mode 0-60 from a dead stop it will make you dizzy for a while. No kidding. There are only 2 things I have an eye on. 1. I lose range of about 10 mile for appx 60 driven miles. The range is 258 so maybe the true miles would be about 218. Keep in mind that I have not driven in an over 60° F day yet so the range should improve a little. 2. It seems as if the computer reboots every once and a while randomly while driving. Fortunately for me this is a toy car which I intend to take care of and hold for a while. I have a gas powered maxima which I have had for years an drive great. I bought this car from tesla with all the perks (Warranty,free supercharging etc. until beginning of 2024. So I will lock horns if things go awry until they replace with a better version. Hell I would even kick in a few $$$ for the latest Battery pack upgrade if it came down to it. I would love to know what the tell tale signs are and more of your story. You will not be disappointed in the performance while driving! Wish I had AP 2. AP 1 is awesome to a degree. Keep in touch.
Harris (908-331-9518)

Reactions: P85_DA and croman
FYI. I ordered and have version 1. I am almost afraid to ask what the issues are? I have had the car for 4 months and absolutely love it. Everything has been working fine. BTW the acceleration is sick. If you do the ludicrous mode 0-60 from a dead stop it will make you dizzy for a while. No kidding. There are only 2 things I have an eye on. 1. I lose range of about 10 mile for appx 60 driven miles. The range is 258 so maybe the true miles would be about 218. Keep in mind that I have not driven in an over 60° F day yet so the range should improve a little. 2. It seems as if the computer reboots every once and a while randomly while driving. Fortunately for me this is a toy car which I intend to take care of and hold for a while. I have a gas powered maxima which I have had for years an drive great. I bought this car from tesla with all the perks (Warranty,free supercharging etc. until beginning of 2024. So I will lock horns if things go awry until they replace with a better version. Hell I would even kick in a few $$$ for the latest Battery pack upgrade if it came down to it. I would love to know what the tell tale signs are and more of your story. You will not be disappointed in the performance while driving! Wish I had AP 2. AP 1 is awesome to a degree. Keep in touch.
Harris (908-331-9518)

Premature battery degradation is the issue with the early 90kw. At 258 you aren’t doing too bad.

Reactions: P85_DA
Not bad with 258! It was 294 new. A75D does 259 supposedly. He lost 1/8th of the max range. 12.5% loss seems much worse than 85kwh pack degradation.
I don’t know what range you are quoting, I assume that is the 90D. The V1 P90D should have 266. My brand new V3 pack only has 272, nowhere near 294.

That is the same 3% degradation my 85kw pack had after 40k miles btw. Which I thought was pretty acceptable.

Here's the latest on my CPO circus. Was given a ETA delivery date of 4/17-4/18 last week. Ummm that's tomorrow bruh. I told my Delivery Advisor (DA lol) that I would have to take a day off work to get to Atlanta so I just needed some heads up. She has yet to tell me if it's still happening tomorrow and she also will not respond to my bank loan officer. In fact I haven't heard from her since Friday and I am supposedly getting the car tomorrow. They suck big time.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Here's the latest on my CPO circus. Was given a ETA delivery date of 4/17-4/18 last week. Ummm that's tomorrow bruh. I told my Delivery Advisor (DA lol) that I would have to take a day off work to get to Atlanta so I just needed some heads up. She has yet to tell me if it's still happening tomorrow and she also will not respond to my bank loan officer. In fact I haven't heard from her since Friday and I am supposedly getting the car tomorrow. They suck big time.

Yeah. This is how it went for me. Nothing...nothing... nothing... local guy calls “I understand you have an appointment tomorrow”. I do?

I’m learning Tesla is like a cat. You only get attention on their terms.

• Funny
Reactions: croman