TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My CPO buying experience timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TSLA_maybe, May 2, 2017.

1. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Crossing my fingers. Honestly, the excitement has been tempered to only slightly excited.

2. s00nr1

s00nr1 Boomer Sooner

TSLA_maybe -- I feel like you should go back to your original post and include the entire timeline to give the full view of the process. Sorry to hear about all the issues.

3. The Pope

The Pope Member

That's the worst part about the process. I talked to the DS today and was given a "projected" delivery date of July 7th. That would be right at 4 weeks total. Hard to be excited for that long. I will be surprised if I am driving my car on July 7.

4. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

haha..s00nr1, you and I prolly have the same work style or job description. That was the plan from the beginning. I've actually been keeping a separate text document with the full timeline (and counting) with review notes and thoughts of what was good/bad and opportunities. To be posted (in post #1)after delivery.

• Like x 1
  5. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

There are those that do get a nice surprise! I shouldn't have wasted all my luck at the blackjack table.

6. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Have you considered possibly looking at another car and asking the deposit to be transfered? I'd be conceded about so much needing to be done, depending on what it is. Not sure if you are attached to this particular one though.

7. Jabbahop

Jabbahop Member

Car was delivered yesterday. Nearly new condition with under 25K on the odometer.

Today filled to 100% to see my max range - 260 miles!

A couple of things they missed - a buzzing sound from front dash and only one fan works in back seat. But very happy.

Attached Files:

8. Black_P85

Black_P85 Member

need more pics!!!!

• Like x 1
  9. Jabbahop

Jabbahop Member

Raining so no new pics.

FYI - here is what they found and fixed before delivery.

1) Replaced floor mats with 3rd gen
    2) upgrade 12v jump post due to corrosion
    3) Install AC Acoustic Cover And Bracket
    4) Replace LH and RH Lower Shock Absorber Bolts
    5) Retrofit 2nd Generation Front Dust Shields Install Front Rotors, Install Rear Rotors, Install Front And Rear HP1000-T Brake Pads
    6) Retrofit Continental TPMS Module And Harness For Improved Reception
    7) Install LH And RH Fixed Glass Seals And Foam Strips
    8) Replace LH Front Door Handle Seal, Install 4 Push Nuts, And 1 Cable Tie
    9) Placed microfiber cloth in the glove compartment.
    10) Clean Panoramic Roof Drain Tubes - Front
    11) Oil Seal - Differential to Rear Halfshaft Assembly - LH
    12) replaced 4 tires; inflated to 45 psi. road tested vehicle; successful.
    13) Replaced missing front right roof rack.
    14) Removed and Installed a new liftgate applique.
    15) Installed a new reverse light;
    16) Replaced both key fob casings.
    17) Dent to left rear door - Dent Repair - Sublet
    18) 3 yr/ 37,500 mile annual service completed.
    19) wheel damage - replaced right front wheel

FYI - hourly rate listed @ $170/hr so I think I got good value for having all of this found and resolved.

Initial Impressions
    - looked like a new car in and out except for a smudged screen and some lipstick mark on the visor
    - first drive of a Tesla for my wife. Her favorite feature is the music options.
    - One of my son's friends requested that he pick them all up in the Tesla and take them to the movies - NOT going to happen!
    - Supercharging is fun
    - seats are very adjustable and comfy - was worried based on some comments about gen 1 seats (I am coming from a BMW i3 which are MUCH less adjustable and a bit firmer).
    - The MS is great highway car. The i3 is a bit better around town as it is energy very efficient @ slow speed, smaller, and great turning radius. Nice to have both.
    - HUGE storage in the car
    - named car Ghost (as in Gray)

Hope everyone gets their car soon but the wait is worth it.

10. Black_P85

Black_P85 Member

Did they share this list prior to you getting the car or they shared it during the delivery?

11. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

I haven't really thought about transferring. We'll see what it looks like and see what turns up during my inspection. Not sure if I want the hassle over again or just cut my losses.

Here is my laundry list. I consolidated some line items that were similar:

01) LH B Pillar Upper Lower Panel
    02) Floor Mats
    03) Parcel Shelf
    04) Pass rear door handle
    05) Rear Lights
    06) Liftgate hinges
    07) Rear fascia
    08) Rear Emblems
    09) Pass rear quarterpanel
    10) Front fascia
    11) Tail lights
    12) Brake lights
    13) Reverse lights
    14) Fog lamps
    15) Windshield fluid
    16) Two functional keys
    17) Mobile connector charges
    18) All 4 rotors and pads
    19) All 4 tires, not sure about wheels
    20) Lug nut caps
    21) Drive unit milling
    22) Ride quality
    23) Drive quality

12. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Congrats! Enjoy

13. s00nr1

s00nr1 Boomer Sooner

6/23/17 - 12:25pm: First weekly update from CPO advisor. Car is at Indianapolis SC having new parts installed (sun visors, "other cosmetic accents"). Car will be transported to Dallas SC next week for inspection/reconditioning.

14. seabie

seabie Member

I'm keeping a running history as I go too. Love this thread

15. seabie

seabie Member

highfive my car is in Indy too. Hope they do well for both of us!

• Like x 1
  16. seabie

seabie Member

Updated status:

6/14 - Placed deposit and given the 4-6 week estimate. Brent told me to contact him directly if I don't hear anything after a week
    6/14 - Brent connected me with local Columbus DS Scott with a summary of my order
    6/18 - Received email from [email protected] stating that my car was In Transit with links to confirm my payment. Forwarded to DS asking if there is anything else I need to do (showing 5/5 on my tesla status for the car).
    6/19 - DS got back to me to confirm my payment method. Confirmed the car had arrived at the Indianapolis service center and was being worked on today
    6/21 - Received another email from [email protected] that said 'We noticed that you still have yet to enter your payment method...'. Forwarded to DS and asked if I needed to do anything.
    6/23 - DS wrote back and said everything looks in order for payment. Updated status to say that the car is waiting on a drive motor from Fremont that they decided to replace due to noise. After it is replaced they will ship the car to Columbus.

I think I'm excited that the motor is being replaced given the 2014 issues?? Still no estimated delivery date provided.

TSLA_maybe: I hope things work out for you tomorrow!

17. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

I didn't get a list but that seems crazy. I'm going g to follow up on my list that way I know that was done. But I understand not wanting to start over too

Ha! Don't blame you there. Having them in the car is one thing, driving? Unsupervised? Uh no...

18. s00nr1

s00nr1 Boomer Sooner

6/23/17 - 12:45pm: Wrote back to CPO advisor Derek and asked if the Indy SC could snap a few pics
    6/23/17 - 1:01pm: Derek says he can make that happen
    6/23/17 - 2:28pm: Derek emails several photos the guys at the Indy SC went out and took in the rain for us (awesome service and car looks pretty good already)
    6/23/17 - 2:38pm: Wrote Derek back and asked if I should be concerned the "P" in "P85" was missing from the back of the car
    6/23/17 - 2:48pm: Derek says original owner must have removed for some reason and the Dallas SC will re-install

As you can see, Derek has been very responsive to each request/email I've sent and the service he has provided has continually been excellent.

Attached Files:

• Love x 2
  19. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Are these Advisors regional? What are my chances of getting Derek when I order a CPO out here in Vegas? He seems like a solid worker who can really smooth things out during CPO delivery.

20. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

I've noticed the advisors are very quick to respond, often and very helpful. Once you get to your DS it slows down quite a bit.

• Like x 1