Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Side note: one of the things I have scheduled for my MS is a front/back dash cam. About 30 minutes ago, driving up I-95, it's raining hard and out of no where a car starts to fish tail in the middle lane. First he was fish tailing in his lane, and then he was side ways back and fourth between 3 lines. I'm talking perpendicular on the interstate front to the right, front to the left. At the same time a semi is behind us full speed trying to stop while we are trying to stop but not fishtail either. Until we were able to safely just pull out to the side of the interstate so the semi could keep going.

Worst 10 seconds I've ever had in a car, even worse that my kids were in it. In the no fault state I live in, I would have had to fight fault too.

Side note: one of the things I have scheduled for my MS is a front/back dash cam. About 30 minutes ago, driving up I-95, it's raining hard and out of no where a car starts to fish tail in the middle lane. First he was fish tailing in his lane, and then he was side ways back and fourth between 3 lines. I'm talking perpendicular on the interstate front to the right, front to the left. At the same time a semi is behind us full speed trying to stop while we are trying to stop but not fishtail either. Until we were able to safely just pull out to the side of the interstate so the semi could keep going.

Worst 10 seconds I've ever had in a car, even worse that my kids were in it. In the no fault state I live in, I would have had to fight fault too.

Whoa...glad ya'll are all ok. I know the feeling as NY is also a no-fault state. I-95 up here is a mess as well. I try to avoid it like the plague.

I picked up a couple of the Spytec A119. I haven't had a chance to completely install them "professionally yet. I just quickly stuck up the front cam the minute I got home yesterday. I just have the power cable hanging down the rear mirror to the 12v outlet in the center console for now. I'm gonna follow teslatap's ultimate 2017 tesla dashcam guide in the next week to run the power properly and install the second cam in the rear.

06/19 - Ordered in Montreal's SC, car is coming from Toronto. Delivery estimate end of July
06/22 - Got email about financing from California, numbers for my trade-in need to be updated
06/23 - Got confirmation from CPO advisor that car arrived in Montréal already :)
06/23 - Asked for pictures but CPO advisor politely suggested to wait until the car is ready.
06/27 - Called Credit Analyst in California and got numbers right for financing

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
6/11 Order On Line Tesla Model S. Car in SF. Based in PDX, Shipping to Seattle for CPO Service.
6/14 Approval from Tesla Lending emails start.
6/19 Final Approval and Trade in Quote. (Sold my other car on open market instead)
6/28 Not much news besides it made it to Seattle and is in a long line behind new cars that need to go out before end of Month.

Hoping to get it early in July.
7/11 will be just over 4 weeks...

• Disagree
6/11 Order On Line Tesla Model S. Car in SF. Based in PDX, Shipping to Seattle for CPO Service.
6/14 Approval from Tesla Lending emails start.
6/19 Final Approval and Trade in Quote. (Sold my other car on open market instead)
6/28 Not much news besides it made it to Seattle and is in a long line behind new cars that need to go out before end of Month.

Hoping to get it early in July.
7/11 will be just over 4 weeks...

Have they given you an estimated delivery date?

6/29/17 - 10:05am: Automated "finalizing your paperwork" email from Tesla. States "Vehicle Status: In Transit"

Side note, had my outlet installed today. $225 to install it just below the panel.

Attachments

• 19551770_10105356565706277_1590958771_o.jpg
    19551770_10105356565706277_1590958771_o.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 95
  • 19578759_10105356565586517_688508226_o.jpg
    19578759_10105356565586517_688508226_o.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 79
Those that got your Cars already, did you have a factory tint? I have an appmnt tomorrow to tint but I was looking at my windows and they seem to already have tint of some level? Except windshield. Not sure of its factory or the previous owner added it
PhotoGrid_1498775637957.jpg
PhotoGrid_1498704258461.jpg

Mostly all cars come from the factory with some level of tint on the windows. Some makes are darker than other.

Keep in mind the existing tent when you pick your new tint % comply with state laws, if you care about that sort of thing : )

Thanks for the feedback. My previous ICE didnt have such obvious notion of it so i wasn't too sure. I do care as I would prefer to keep the getting pulled over to zero as much as possible. In FL you can go pretty dark though which helps to go darker and be legal. If I understand correctly, you are referring to the current one will make what I choose even darker than a window without any, which makes perfect sense.

@ChrgdTeCHick what brand seat guards are those in the rear? Looking for something similar to help protect the leather from the car seats.

Those look perfect.

After 10 years of car seats and the very heavy steel frame Radians, paying for a good covers is a must! All my cars survived without damage because of them. These are by far the thickest ones I've used!
Amazon.com: Car Seat Protector with Thickest Padding - Featuring XL Size (Best Coverage Available), Durable, Waterproof 600D Fabric, PVC Leather Reinforced Corners & 2 Large Pockets for Handy Storage: Baby

I made a post about kids and my Tesla too for other tips:
MS and kids...

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1498786571865.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1498786571865.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. My previous ICE didnt have such obvious notion of it so i wasn't too sure. I do care as I would prefer to keep the getting pulled over to zero as much as possible. In FL you can go pretty dark though which helps to go darker and be legal. If I understand correctly, you are referring to the current one will make what I choose even darker than a window without any, which makes perfect sense.

After 10 years of car seats and the very heavy steel frame Radians, paying for a good covers is a must! All my cars survived without damage because of them. These are by far the thickest ones I've used!
Amazon.com: Car Seat Protector with Thickest Padding - Featuring XL Size (Best Coverage Available), Durable, Waterproof 600D Fabric, PVC Leather Reinforced Corners & 2 Large Pockets for Handy Storage: Baby

I made a post about kids and my Tesla too for other tips:
MS and kids...
Thanks for this helpful post!